Kiewit Corporation MOT Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 104099
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Engineer in our growing Roadway/Civil/MOT Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, MOT, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, traffic, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design Build Management team are driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects to manage their multi-disciplined design teams to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-driven engineers analyze root causes and resolve design issues before they impact schedule and budget. Particularly on large design-build projects, clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and design best practices for all projects that we support.
Our participation leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Englewood, CO (South Denver area) office.
• Coordinate with project team to understand the design limits and constraints
• Develop and lead MOT design production on pursuit and final design projects
• Review project scope and contracts to assure MOT plans meet project requirements
• Mentor junior staff with technical and professional development
• Coordinate with project estimating and scheduling staff to develop and optimize phases
• Strong focus on innovation and ability to envision, develop and evaluate multiple phasing options, design optimization, and alternative technical concepts
• Develop Transportation Management Plans
• 7+ years of transportation experience, and 5+ years of MOT experience
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in Civil Engineering
• Roadway or Traffic Engineering experience is preferred
• Design build experience preferred
• Professional Engineer license is required
• Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification is a plus
• Extensive knowledge of the MUTCD, Roadside Design Guide and construction traffic control design
• Experience in developing Maintenance of Traffic Plans for Design-Build projects is desired
• Experience in development of Transportation Management Plans is desired
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead
• Knowledge of design software including MicroStation, Inroads, SignCAD, AutoCAD and Civil3D
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
• Work will primarily be performed in the Englewood, CO office, but must be able to travel to project sites and attend meetings across North America as needed by the project
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.