Kiewit Corporation Senior Roadway Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering in Englewood, Colorado
Requisition ID: 114779
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Senior Roadway Engineer in our growing Design Engineering Services (DES) Group based in Englewood, CO. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of Kiewit’s Englewood, CO (South Denver area) office.
• Serve as Task Manager for Civil/Roadway discipline on major design-build projects
• Supervise design engineering teams
• Provide oversight and direction to the design of complex projects.
• Direct activities of multiple disciplines
• Serve as subject matter expert within the Civil/Roadway discipline
• Manage design budgets including preparation of fee estimates, earned-value assessments and corrective actions
• Evaluate staff capabilities and staffing requirements. Develop, implement, and manage staffing plans
• Promote staff development through training, mentoring, and career planning
• Prepare and implement quality management plans
• 10+ years of civil / highway design experience with an emphasis on design-build projects
• Registered as a Professional Engineer
• Experience designing civil/highway infrastructure
• Design-build delivery experience is preferred
• Understanding of CADD platforms and their application to design
• Experience developing construction plans for transportation projects
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
Base Compensation: $110,267 - $165,401
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.