Lockheed Martin System/Software Safety Engineer in Englewood, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other…are with Lockheed Martin Space!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, we are a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies? Looking for a growth opportunity where you can support very significant mission?
Come be part of a culture that encourages employees to think big, perform with perfection with a drive to build incredible products! We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Englewood, CO has a dynamic opportunity for a mid-career level System/ Software Safety Engineer to help field a number of future hypersonic and glide body technology insertions that the nation urgently needs. In this key role, you will use your expertise and knowledge of software safety principles to ensure that safety is crafted into hardware and software products and that controls are incorporated and remain effective while assuring compliance to safety requirements.
As the Software Safety Engineer, you will be a part of the System Safety Team providing support to the Conventional Prompt Strike missile program team, primarily interfacing with the software and model based systems engineering teams. Reporting to the System Safety Team Lead, you will be responsible for software analysis and assessments related to quality, reliability, and safety; review and analysis of engineering design concepts and software design and development plans and reports; assessment of various hazard analyses; and assuring compliance with LM and DOD software safety policies and standards. This position will challenge you to use your strong software and systems safety background to ensure mission success through the integration of software safety. Work is performed at the LM Space campus in Centennial, CO and will require that you interact frequently with multiple internal and external customers. The CPS program is face paced with aggressive schedule milestones with occasional travel required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
• Familiar with engineering processes related to safety, risk management in an operations/sustainment environment
• US Citizenship required to start with the ability to acquire a Secret security clearance.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in Software Systems and Safety Engineering with strong technical skills in performing hazard analyses and identifying safety requirements
• Prior experience working with U.S. Army or Navy customers.
• Familiarity or experience with missile systems, safety requirements, model based systems engineering, and software.
• Understanding of incident investigations and root cause and corrective actions.
• Current Security Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.