AMETEK, Inc. Senior Engineer, Electrical Design in Grand Junction, Colorado
Senior Engineer, Electrical Design
Job ID: 17565
Functional Area: Engineering
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - Colorado - Grand Junction
Division: AHV - Instrumentation & Specialty Controls
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: Some Relocation May Be Available
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer serves a lead role in the conceptualization and development of new technologies and products for displays, control and RF modules. They provide expertise in the implementation of emerging technologies, and perform duties designing the display, power and control hardware content for the realization of new product development.
• Innovate new technologies and methodologies in advanced display and controls.
• Develop high-level product architectures, power converter topologies, and analog/digital controls infrastructure.
• Provide technical expertise in the areas of designing display, power converters, interface circuits, and controls, at the circuit level.
• Participate with project teams throughout the development cycle in the design, documentation, and release of new products. Provide technical leadership to coordinate work of other engineers/designers in associated disciplines: mechanical packaging, thermal design, PWB design, digital hardware and firmware design.
• Oversee fabrication, troubleshooting, and verification testing of prototypes throughout the development cycle. Generate test plans, procedures, and summary reports for product validation testing, including compliance with regulatory agency/industry standards.
• Participate in structured, cross-functional product development projects, working within constraints of program schedule, budget, and goals, and ensuring appropriate balance of product reliability, specification performance, and cost.
• Ability to write the product specification.
• Ability to evaluate and quote the specification requirements.
• Ability to conduct the industry standard test requirements (ISO, SAE, etc)
• As a minimum a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 7+ years of experience relevant to the design of display, power and analog/digital conversion products.
• Proficiency in design of analog circuits, having high accuracy and stability, using analytically based design methodologies.
• Competency in high-frequency design techniques for signal integrity, PWB layout, system interface, and EMI control.
• Competency in the utilization of computer software (MatLab, Simulink, PSpice, Mathcad, Excel) in the design process of power and control circuits for schematic capture, modeling and simulation, mathematical analysis, and data manipulation.
• Competency in design of electronic assemblies: components packaging, environmental constraints, and design for manufacturability, testability, and serviceability.
• Experienced in digital hardware design as applied to displays, power conversion, including ADC/DAC signal conversion, microcontrollers, and high-speed digital communications (CAN, Ethernet, etc).
• Knowledgeable of design requirements for compliance with domestic and international standards for electrical and environmental compatibility.
• Good interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.