Comcast Analyst 4, Engineering Ops in Greenwood Village, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for analyzing tools and processes ensuring adherence to change management and scheduled maintenance policy and standards including information technology work documentation requirements. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex systems implementations and broad change communication. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and share expertise.
Core Responsibilities :
- 20% Drives procedural, tooling and data changes to ensure the change management process adapts to evolving needs of the business. Acts as the SME and customer liaison for new teams joining change management programs providing overview, insight and direction on proper engagement and general change compliance.
- 20% Acts as the key contributor with Engineering and Operations to drive improvements in automation that promotes the consistent use of our change management program including the population of our CMDBs.
- 20% Facilitates meetings to address change inefficiencies or identified risks, with strong negotiation skills and ability to build consensus to avoid potential business impact. Engages senior leaders as required.
- 15% Contributes as change management subject matter expert (SME) in support of end user requests for support and in outward communications to end users. Creates and updates internal technical documents not limited to: process and procedure documentation, user guides, training materials, troubleshooting guides, web content and documentation templates.
- 15% Works with software developers and collaborates on cross-functional teams in software design, development and implementation. Assesses and revises implementation schedules based upon test results, impact and/or changes in product design. Coordinates component, system, and impact documentation.
- 5% Identifies and analyzes major change events requiring multiple team coordination. Investigates downstream impacts to secondary systems. Provides details on the change, required tasks for stakeholder validation and ensures awareness on the activity for impacted teams and management.
- 5% Manages the change and configuration management process, including monitoring and audit of the change and configuration data to ensure compliance with the change management policy.
- Ensures data quality and integrity across data-specific application implementations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Engineering, IT, or other technical discipline
- Generally requires 7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer