Haynes Mechanical Systems Inc Energy Solutions Specialist in Greenwood Village, Colorado
The Energy Engineer (EE) is a key role within the Haynes Client Services approach aimed at providing more value to Haynes customers through ongoing energy and financial consultation. The EE works closely with internal teams (sales and sales support), and clients to evaluate building performance and provide recommendations to the client to improve performance. The EE is expected to have good knowledge of building systems and operations in order to provide expert advice on how to improve building operations through operational changes, controls optimization and system upgrades.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in energy engineering, HVAC systems, controls, operation and service delivery.
The EE provides building systems optimization expertise to demonstrate improvement in the performance of customer buildings via any technology enablers in the controls and technology based services.
These duties and responsibilities could be altered as the Client Services business matures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Support sales through customer visits and sales presentations
- Perform technical audits of building systems and energy usage
- Perform energy savings calculations using modeling software
- Use data available through Building Automation Systems, Analytics software, utility information, and other various sources to monitor and evaluate building systems, energy, and financial performance. Provide recommendations to the on actions to be taken to improve performance.
- Prepare professional documents to describe findings and recommended actions using charts, graphs, detailed written explanations.
- Actively explore new technologies and generate new ideas for work simplification and process redesign.
- Serve as an energy services resource for the engineering team on complex and advanced engineering projects.
- Coordinate with Operations on customer deliverable
- Help establish management and quality assurance standards for projects and energy services
- Provide technical support to both sales and operations
- Some travel required to Haynes offices and customer sites.
Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines:
- Electronics or Electrical Technology
- Mechanical Technology
- Computer technology
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in Energy Engineering and Commercial HVAC Systems
- Currently holding or proof of obtaining CEM, CBCP, BCxA, and/or LEED Green/AP certifications
- Ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Previous experience with computer aided design and energy modeling (i.e. eQUEST) software preferred
- Strong personal computer skills with third party software knowledge
- Superior project management skills, strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Superior knowledge of applicable building codes and standards
- Have the capability to discuss both technical concepts around HVACR and controls, as well as understand and converse at the business/strategic level
- Capability to quickly adapt to new software and web based interfaces.
- Comfortable engaging at the "C and D Suite" level in customer’s organizations
- Must maintain a positive attitude that seeks to find solutions to challenges
- Ability to interact with outside customers, and bring value to the company offerings
- Respond effectively to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and effectively communicate in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with stress and maintain a professional and cooperative temperament.
- Serve as a role model in consistently using and advocating the corporate standards, processes and tools.
- Ability to offer business judgment on the investment of time and resources for opportunities
- Perform other duties as assigned, often requiring output with short notice.
- Percentage of Travel: 20%
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and currently maintain a safe driving record as required by the company’s insurance provider
- Regular and punctual attendance
From: Haynes Mechanical Systems Inc