Air Methods Technical Writer II - Greenwood Village, CO in Greenwood Village, Colorado
Job Summary :
Responsible to supports Certification, Engineering, and other United Rotorcraft Departments by preparing new documents and/or revising existing documents in accordance with division procedures and work instructions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Support Certification, Engineering, and other United Rotorcraft Departments by preparing new documents and/or revising existing documents in accordance with division procedures and work instructions.
• Assist Documentation Control as required
• Prepare (or assist in preparation of) and proofreads documents, such as Rotorcraft Flight Manual Supplements, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, certification plans, test plans, structural substantiation reports, and other support documents.
• Revise existing documentation to meet new or additional requirements, including reports and FAA documents such as Master Drawing Lists, Master Document Indices, etc.
• Perform a variety or associated tasks under general supervision
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Maintain Project Schedules.
• Other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling 0%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical/engineering school; and four to six years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
• 4+ years previous experience with aircraft systems (especially helicopters)
• General understanding of FAA certification process and requirements preferred
• Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines
• Demonstrates critical thinking and reasoning skills
• Strong technical writing skills
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
• Previous experience with CAD software (AutoCAD and SolidWorks preferred) is a plus
• Previous experience with MS Project or other schedule software preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
“Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.”
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.