NextEra Energy Sr PGD Regional Reliability Engineer in Limon, Colorado
Sr PGD Regional Reliability Engineer
Date:Jan 2, 2021
Primary Location:Limon, CO, US, 80828
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 48628
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy Resources is seeking an experienced individual(s) for a Power Generation Regional Reliability Engineering positions in our Wind Operations Team. NextEra Energy, Inc. is one of the largest and highest-performing power generation companies in the nation and a leader in Renewable Energy. The Power Generation Division (PGD) is responsible for a diverse generation fleet of nearly 50 GW. The fleet, which continues to grow, includes Fossil, Wind, Solar and Energy Storage Facilities. The selected candidate(s) will be a pivotal part of the team that is responsible for the regional performance of Wind Fleet reliability including leadership in the areas of condition based prevention through prediction. The selected candidate(s) will need to understand wind turbine operations and provide insights on historical performance and emerging trends. Candidates will utilize a variety of formats of data inputs, employ the proper analytical techniques to obtain information which will be interpreted to make sound business decisions for the fleet.
- Regional reliability engineer will focus on wind turbine fault reduction, event response and preventive maintenance risk management in their region. In addition, the selected candidate will work directly with the Wind Reliability and Engineering teams to implement best practices and fleet wide reliability improvement initiatives.
- Provide coaching support on quality improvement projects throughout the region and champion continuous improvement on all Wind Operations production processes.
- Champion the event response asset management and reporting of equipment, site performance and process health in their specific region.
- Serve as mentor to teammates in Wind Operations in the area of reliability, quality, maintenance, major component equipment condition evaluation and scoping, reporting and work planning.
- Support the development of data analytic applications for the robust analysis of wind turbine reliability.
- Work with Wind Leadership to establish the required cadence of review for key reliability and process health indicators are ensure the necessary data visualization tools are available to support the reviews
- Total Quality Management Concepts
- Graphical Analysis Techniques
- Life Time Data Analysis
- Asset Management Systems
- Six Sigma certification
Monday-Friday 8 am - 5 pm.
Due to the 24 hour, 7 days per week nature of power generation, it is part of the job requirements to provide night, weekend, and holiday support via telephone or onsite, as needed.
Travel to sites throughout the region required, and averages about 25-30%.
Reliability Engineers in this role have responsibility for ensuring the Wind Sites in their region meet or exceed key performance objectives. In addition, collaborate with other regions to ensure best practices are implemented and cost effective countermeasures are applied to prevent event reoccurrence.
• Leads reliability efforts in the assigned region to ensure operational excellence is achieved • Acts as the reliability engineering liaison for the sites to the central organization located in Juno Beach, FL
Employees in this role have responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs • Acts as technical liaison to individuals within and outside the organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to individual's field • Completes assignments given in broad terms concerning general objectives and limitations • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Bachelor's - Engineering • Experience:5+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs Location: Limon, Colorado Other Work Locations: Colorado Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.