Lockheed Martin CI OPEX LSSBB Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: With a focus on productivity, the right resource will lead CI efforts targeted toward streamlining existing processes, optimizing cycle times, reducing errors, and improving customer satisfaction as identified by the business strategy. This resource will also provide mentorship to many organizational projects by sharing best practices and knowledge around continuous improvement tools and methodologies, project management and team leadership. This individual must be able to quickly understand the business in order to recommend improved, strategic and sustainable solutions as well as identify further opportunities for improvement. This role partners closely with senior leadership and requires high proficiency in clear communication, navigating political landscapes, change management, and the ability to effectively influence with limited authority.
• Drive strategic cross-functional continuous improvement organization within Operations Excellence, consisting of program and multi-functional organizations focused on improving efficiencies and focusing on cost reduction (flow)
• Position will work with all aspects of Operations and Space Enterprise to clearly support defining projects, business impacts, ROI, communication and closure of initiatives and drive metrics for measuring business improvements using Lean Six Sigma methodologies, and business processes management principles
• Effectively engage continuous improvement team members across the Operations organization to foster business transformation. Work with leadership to coordinate the appropriate human and operational resources.
• Track status of all impacting projects in the organization, provide visibility to management in a powerful and consistent manner. Introduce credible methods to improve clarity and effectiveness.
• The position will report to the Operations Excellence Senior Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, or related technical field
• Demonstrated understanding of process improvement techniques and extensive experience implementing change within an organization
• Demonstrated success in leading teams, implementing change and process improvements
• Black Belt Certified, minimum
• Significant experience in a manufacturing environment
• Analytical mindset and proven ability to develop business cases (example ROI)
• Prior project management experience
• Ability to drive results and be action oriented in change environment
• Formal process improvement training and certification, black belt certification
• Strong listening, verbal, and written communications skills
• Experience in technical data management
• Experience in program management
• Strong project management and organization skills
• Detail oriented with excellent written and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.