Lockheed Martin Director, RF Engineering in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Our Engineering & Technology organization is seeking an execution-oriented leader to implement the vision and sustainment of a world class RF & Radar Payload Center of Excellence (CoE). Reporting to the Director of the RF & Radar Payload Center of Excellence (CoE), the Director, RF Engineering will direct the day-to-day functional engineering activities of the RF CoE for Space. This includes delivering results by leading a collaborative consortium of approximately 220 leaders and engineers specializing in RF Systems, Antenna Products, RF/Microwave Products, and Mission Processing and focused on development and delivery of advanced RF payloads. Your team will expand the portfolio by delivering cutting edge technology and products serving new and existing mission capabilities for the global marketplace.
In this dynamic role you will:
• Provide organizational drive focused on leveraging business synergy to achieve a lower internal product cost structure and maximize efficiency
• Oversee technical, schedule and cost project management of critical RF products and payloads through all of the product lifecycle from concept development to delivery
• Pioneer the development of a world class RF Payloads Center of Excellence to include innovative environment consisting of scientists, technologists and engineers performing path finding research, technology development & CRAD
• Design and deliver affordable mission enabling capabilities raising the bar within the industry while meeting program and customer commitments
• Leverage the digital tapestry and phenomenology in conceptual design through production
• Scale critical skilled employees through hiring and development with the goal of ensuring talent bench strength
• Identify and integrate RF Payload technical concepts, mission assessments, technology, space and ground solutions into a cohesive and competitive approach for SSC
• Drive new technology selection and first article development, related to RF Payloads, subsystems and components
• Support technology and mission analysis investment assessments and ensuring integration into technology roadmaps
• Enable common usage of qualified product designs across multiple applications in SSC, thereby strengthening designs and facilitating knowledge sharing of successful past work performed with the Lines of Business (LOBs), suppliers and other LM companies
• Maintain technical integrity of the LOB/Program design baselines, incorporation of best practices, and optimum technical design
• Demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership through leading and scaling the Space Systems Company (SSC) RF Payload Engineering organization
• Work collaboratively with the LOB/Program Executives and leadership to:
o Identify and propagate design technology selection and best-practices
o Ensure technical domain expertise of the entire team, drive process and tool development and deployment
o Resolve critical technical issues, support new business initiatives
o Ensure standard technical processes are in use across all programs
o Manage staffing requirements, sustain engineering capabilities and preserve critical skills
o Support IRAD investment strategy and strategic development of RF Payloads
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science field with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment
• RF hardware/antenna design engineering background
• Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve technical issues/challenges
• Demonstrated ability to develop technical talent and to build technical pipelines to sustain technical expertise within the organization
• Technical leadership with direct experience in managing personnel, including leaders
• US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits>Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits.
• Advanced degree in engineering or science field
• Wide variety of customer experience and exposure across LOBs.
• Current TS/SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.