Lockheed Martin Electrical Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Littleton, Colorado :
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Electrical Engineer provides electrical analysis, design, and development for cutting-edge Advanced Mission Studies within Lockheed Martin's Space Systems Company. Be part of a world-class program from early design through development, integration, test, and operations.
In this position, you will be a member of the Electrical Functional team supporting multiple projects and providing power analyses for new and existing programs.
These analyses include:
• Launch and ascent battery sizing
• On-orbit solar array sizing
• Solar cell efficiency evaluation
• Life testing evaluation
• Solar array segment switching
• Eclipse modeling
• Current draw
• Battery state of charge
• Load shedding
• Design reference mission performance analysis.
Related duties as an electrical engineer include:
• FPGA and ASIC design and development oversight
• Electrical compatibility analyses
• Component circuit analyses
• Bus E-ICD development
The Electrical Engineer will have the opportunity to participate in various stages of programs' life cycles, including working with the team on feasibility studies, requirements derivation, design reviews, development, integration, test, and operations.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
*Must have an active TS Clearance to be considered for this role.
*This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
Keyword\\Phrases Include :
Spacecraft Bus Subsystems, Avionics, Power, GN&C, Thermal, RF Communications, Data Handling and Management, Telemetry and Commanding, Flight Harnessing, and Flight Software, FPGAs, ASICs, and electronics processor
MATLAB and Simulink.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
1. BS in Electrical Engineering from accredited college or BS in closely related technical field.
2. Experience with any of the following: electrical interfaces, electrical compatibility, FPGAs, ASICs, power subsystems, circuit design, circuit analysis, command & data handling (C&DH), electronics, harnessing, or Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE)
3. This position requires special access to support the program and requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
1. Active TS/SCI Clearance with current polygraph.
2. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
3. Ability to work in a collaborative and team-based environment
4. Experience with Spacecraft Bus Subsystems such as: Avionics, Power, GN&C, Thermal, RF Communications, Data Handling and Management, Telemetry and Commanding, Flight Harnessing, and Flight Software.
5. Solid understanding of electrical circuits, interfaces, and interconnect diagrams
6. Experience with battery and solar cell technology.
7. Strong history with FPGAs, ASICs, and electronics processor requirements and their usage
8. Familiarity with MATLAB, Simulink, or similar engineering analysis tools.
9. Demonstrated electrical or electronic component history.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.