Lockheed Martin Electronics Engineer, Power in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Location: Littleton, CO
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As an Electronics Engineer, Power , you will be supporting power electronics design for multiple programs and will become a member of the Electrical Power Subsystem (EPS) team supporting multiple projects.
Primary job duties entail designing regulated power subsystems. Specific tasks include circuit design and simulations, part selection, and flight hardware troubleshooting.
This position will be for a current CPE (Certified Principal Engineer) or a delegate.
You will also be responsible for:
• Supporting manufacturing
• Developing specifications and trade analyses
• Generating schematics
• Validating performance
• Certifying deliverable product
• Supporting failure investigation processes
• Material review board processing
• Discrepancy documentation and resolution
• Proposal and new business opportunities.
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
* This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Minimum 4 years designing high reliability DC power systems.
• Current or previous Certified Principle Engineer (CPE) experience or equivalent full life cycle experience
• PSPICE, Saber, or other electronics simulation tool experience
*This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen
• Excellent presentation, oral and written skills.
• Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment.
• Demonstrated strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Familiarity with failure investigation processes (fishbone analyses, etc.)
• EMI/EMC design experience
• Ability to understand electrical circuits, interfaces, and interconnect diagrams.
• Familiarity with battery and solar cell technology.
• Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, or related engineering analysis tools.
• Familiarity with Spacecraft Bus Subsystems such as: Avionics, Power, GN&C, Thermal, RF Communications, Data Handling and Management, Telemetry and Commanding, Flight Harnessing, and Flight Software.
• Technical experience in full life cycle development of hardware including design, integration, and test.
• Ability to produce and present informal al status briefings to Program Management and Customer.
• Experienced with working in geographically diverse teams and interfacing with industry partners/subcontractors
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.