Lockheed Martin Guidance, Navigation & Control Sr Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want join a culture that inspires employees to think creatively, exceed their own expectations and build incredible products? We provide the resources, support and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Military Space Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GN&C) team is made up of enthusiastic and talented individuals that design and produce the hardware, algorithms, and software required to solve the challenging problems of controlling these systems in a harsh, zero-g environment. Are you willing to join this team and help solve these challenges in a team environment using your GN&C academic background and experience?
*** This position and any offer made is contingent upon receiving contract award in spring 2021****
You will typically have 5 years of professional experience and a bachelor's degree in this position.
This position requires that you have an active Top Secret DoD clearance to start.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- BS Degree in Aerospace Engineering or related discipline with emphasis in Dynamics and Controls
- Experience with simulation and programming tools (ex. Matlab/Simulink, C++, Python)
- Ability to perform spacecraft GN&C design and analysis tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated learner
- TS clearance
- CORESIM experience
- Familiarity with LM400
- Experience with flight software development and autocode to C++
- Familiarity with GN&C hardware suite for space applications
- Understanding of a program life cycle encompassing requirements generation, design, analysis, integration, verification, and testing of the GN&C subsystem for space applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated good communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical issues to peers, management, subcontractors and customers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.