Lockheed Martin Lab Analyst in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies and on the ground.
Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world every single day. Join this highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Lab Analyst you’ll work on a broad range of projects, in both a laboratory and manufacturing environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you’ll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Perform destructive physical analysis (DPA) on test samples/parts
- Prepare samples and measure physical, performance, and processing properties of representative materials and parts using standard and specialized equipment and instrumentation
- Prepare laboratory reports
- Coordinate with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement
WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A self-starter who develops solutions to technical issues
- A motivated individual who's able to work closely as within geographically separated team to resolve technical issues
- Someone with the ability to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet deadlines
- Someone adept at communicating in a variety of forums
In this entry level role, you will typically have 0 - 2 years of professional experience for this role.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package. https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits
• Experience or coursework in testing or processing electronic parts or materials used in electronics manufacturing
• Knowledge/experience in aerospace parts construction
• Familiarity with military specifications and engineering requirements
• Experience using an optical microscope, and grinding, polishing, and etching
• Advanced Manufacturing Technical Apprenticeship Program (AMTAP) graduate or similar technical training
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.