Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: This Manufacturing Engineering position is in support of the Electronics Manufacturing Center (EMC). EMC supports all LMSSC programs by building spacecraft power and avionics products, including Circuit Card Assemblies, Electronic modules and boxes. Responsibilities include supporting shop floor technicians, resolving work stoppages, defect disposition, root cause analysis, equipment support and continuous improvement initiatives. This position requires a strong mechanical aptitude including conceptualization of assembly, an understanding of material properties, heat transfer and structural properties. This Manufacturing Engineer will need to develop relationships with a multi-disciplined team, dedicated to effectively planning, executing and delivering various electronic assemblies.
Desired Skills: • Familiarity with SAP/VE-CAMS (Qnotes, Routings, Bills of material)
• Familiarity with Lockheed Martin Space Systems tools (EPDM, PMP Database, SAP, IDS etc.)
• 2-3 years of aerospace or defense manufacturing experience
• Defect trending or Statistical Process Control
• Hands on experience with solder, wiring, torque, epoxy bonding, and other electronics assembly processes
• Basic Experience Programming and operating equipment.
• Lean or Six Sigma experience
• New Process development and experience validating processes for flight applications
• Trained in Root Cause Analysis
• Experience with Design Of Experiments
• Solid understanding of industry standards for electronic assembly requirements including IPC610 and J-STD-001
• Advanced software skills (VBA, MS Access, Excel macros, JAVA, Sharepoint, etc.)
• Understanding of industry standards for electronic assembly requirements including IPC610, J-STD-001, MIL-STD 750 and MIL-STD 883.
• Ability to work on 1st or 2nd shift
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited University in one of the following fields: Mech. Eng., Aerospace Eng., Electrical Eng., Material Science, Manufacturing Eng., Industrial Eng., Systems Eng. or physics. Or equivalent experience.
• Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings and define manufacturing steps to meet all requirements.
• Ability to read and follow various Engineering Specifications.
• Experience Generating Manufacturing Work Instructions
• Familiarity with Nonconformance processing (i.e. defect disposition, cause and corrective action, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• General computer skills (MS Office Suite Software)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.