Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Planner (early career level) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to share your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Manufacturing Planning team in the dynamic world Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for an early career Manufacturing Planner to join our mission on our Central Planning Team supporting military space programs. In this Manufacturing Planner role you will have a combination of both tactical and strategic responsibilities managing a large volume of data, collaborating with multiple departments, and actively participating in program meetings. To be successful, you will need to take full ownership of projects, be flexible with scope of work, and seek corrective actions to best support programs. Central Planning is located in new office space specifically designed for team collaboration that will enable us to more efficiently and effectively achieve mission success. We look forward to you being part of it!
Summary of Key Duties
• You will perform the buy part planning activities associated with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) transactions
• You will perform one or more multiple manufacturing activities within various manufacturing functions, such as coordinating schedules and resolving issues impacting schedule
• You will develop and manage weekly reporting to support program needs and collaborate corrective action with program, production, and procurement prior to preserve the production schedule
• You will facilitate surge support across all supporting areas as needed and to ensure timely actions are executed with the required escalation measures
• You will maintain production systems integrity to drive inventory optimization to minimize cost
• You will expedite and optimize material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements
• You will coordinate with stakeholders including procurement, program, engineering, work center, and operations management to determine appropriate time phased plan for procured parts and executes processes to ensure deliverables meet production schedule requirements
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 2 - 5 years of experience.
• Must have a Bachelor degree
• 1-3 years of prior Manufacturing and/or Operations experience
• Project management skills
• Inventory management experience
• Technical understanding of manufacturing parts and processes
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Excel proficiency
• P2P knowledge
• Ability to develop reports and analytical tools
• Supply Chain and/or operations workflow experience
• Understanding of cross-functional issues and ability to implement corrective action involving multiple departments
• Process driven
• Desired to strive for continuous improvement
• Negotiation skills
• Troubleshooting, problem solving, and strong analytical skills
• Ability to embrace change
• Ability to develop professional relationship and foster collaboration
• Strong communication skills
• Inquisitive nature
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.