Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Planner (mid-career level) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for a mid-career level Manufacturing Support Team Member / Master Production Scheduler who wants to be part of this mission. If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come and be a part of our Program Planning organization. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your scheduling skills, training, and education. Come and experience your future!
In this Master Production Scheduler role, you will support testing operations in the Space Electronics Center (SEC) and RF and Antenna Center (RAC) and provide planning support within the Assembly Test Launch Operations Test Labs and Services (ATLS) organization, which provides test services to manufacturing. Additionally, you will work closely with ATLS/ATLO Leadership to ensure awareness of ongoing operations at all levels. Responsibilities of this position include:
• Advise management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed
• Work with ATLS Leadership to schedule equipment and personnel to ensure testing continues uninterrupted
• Audit manufacturing schedules for accuracy to include: test durations, test resources required, equipment resources required
• Maintain a schedule of Electronic Ground Support Equipment (EGSE), Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE), and Special Test Equipment (STE) usage across all ATLO operations
• Interact with Bus COE, RF COE, Program representatives, Manufacturing personnel, ATLO/ATLS personnel and leadership, Manufacturing and Test Engineers, Program and Production Planners to ensure communication regarding testing is flowed to all appropriate parties
• Participate in weekly status meetings with SEC and RAC leadership to provide awareness of priorities and issues/concerns across all organizations
• Run or support weekly test conflict resolution meetings to mitigate testing conflicts, escalate issues that cannot be resolves to appropriate leadership level
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more of the following: Program Planning, Production Planning and Control, Test Planning, Test Engineering
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Knowledge or experience working with MS Project
• Good verbal & written communication skills
• Understanding of manufacturing test processes
• Experience working in a manufacturing test environment
• Knowledge and understanding of Scheduling theory and practices as in a manufacturing center
• In depth knowledge or experience working with MS Project Server highly desired
• Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic team environment
• Strong customer interface and communication skills
• Knowledge and experience with SAP/ERP/VE-CAMS system
• MRP (Material Resource Planning) experience desired
• Basic understanding of engineering drawings and specifications
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.