Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer Sr. in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The Orion Crew Module to Service Module Retention and Release (CM/SM R&R) Mechanism Design Engineer will work under the Orion CM/SM R&R Mechanism CPE and will be responsible for supporting all technical performance aspects of the Orion CM/SM R&R Mechanism. Job duties will include, but are not be limited to, the following:
•Assist with the technical aspects of mechanism design associated with complex hardware components into mockups, test articles and spaceflight vehicles.
•Integrate CM/SM R&R Mechanism with other spacecraft subsystems. This will require working with multiple subsystems (e.g., Structures, Heatshield, Ordnance) as well as manufacturing, systems analysis, test and integration organizations.
•Participate in trade studies.
•Create, review and modify engineering products in support of component design, development, test, evaluation and certification.
•Facilitate the release of engineering drawings including product structure development and change boards.
•Coordinate the planning, development, organization and control of integration products.
•Support mass properties and risk/opportunity management.
•Coordinate the development and execution of test programs.
•Support all change boards impacting CM/SM R&R hardware as required for successful hardware integration.
•Help drive hardware certification process and closure.
•Support Failure Review Board (FRB) and Material Review Board (MRB) activities.
•Support the effort to get approval for all deviations and waivers against requirements as required for hardware certification.
•Follow-up and close action items.
•Frequent interaction with customers and program management.
•Achieve CPE certification per LM Space command media.
•Ability to travel
• Bachelor or advanced degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering, or an applicable technical discipline.
• Experience with aerospace, military, or industrial standards and specifications.
• Good communications skills. Must be able to communicate effectively, and be able to present to a broad audience.
• Experience in developing and delivering formal presentations of ideas, recommendations, and plans.
• Experience in developing technical specifications.
• Experience with standard Microsoft Office applications – MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
• Experience with human-rated spacecraft (NASA) hardware design development and integration, especially in the area of spacecraft mechanisms.
• Experience with spaceflight hardware qualification testing, verification and certification processes.
•Experience with the integration and testing of complex systems.
•Experience in systems engineering.
•Experience with CAD systems, ideally PTC ProE or CREO.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to review and organize large amounts of engineering data.
• Experience in leading teams or groups.
• Hardware project management experience.
• Previous CPE experience.
• Experience on Lockheed Martin Space or NASA Programs especially the NASA Orion Program
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.