Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer - Technical Lead in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin Space is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as the technical lead for model based engineering projects with initial emphasis on Design-to-Analysis. These projects will further advance the use of 3D models throughout our product’s lifecycle (Design, Simulation, Manufacturing, Production, etc…).
The selected candidate will report to the Mechanical CAD organization Manager within Space and work closely with other business areas (Aero, RMS, MFC, etc…) and corporate to develop and evaluate enterprise solutions and provide strategic guidance to Future Enterprise Programs (FEP). We’re looking for a motivated individual with a passion for software integration, design process automation, model-based design, and project management.
The technical lead will be responsible for technical guidance, planning, coordinating, and executing various tasks in support of integrating design tools & processes in conjunction with various engineering disciplines. Key responsibilities include:
– Reviewing and documenting current tools/processes and identifying model-based improvement opportunities.
– Researching and evaluating design to analysis integration technologies and piloting parametric associativity between design and analysis models.
– Developing and analyzing 3D models in support of model-based process development and validation.
– Coordinate and collaborate with representatives from various business areas to ensure design-to-analysis integration needs and requirements are well understood.
– Developing implementation & sustainment plans and identifying key investments necessary to ensure widespread adoption.
– Documenting findings and making recommendations to leadership.
– Engage with and leverage the Lockheed Martin Space Digital Tapestry Team
– Bachelor of Science or advanced degree from an accredited university in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent.
– Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to lead effective teams consisting of personnel with diverse backgrounds.
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills with demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical details to an audience with varied technical backgrounds.
– Experience with 3D modeling/drafting software (e.g. Creo Parametric, NX, CATIA, SolidWorks, etc...).
– Experience with 3D analytical modeling and analysis Software (e.g., NX/Simcenter, NASTRAN, ANSYS, Abaqus, Thermal Desktop, Creo Simulate, etc...).
– Strong project management experience.
– Experience researching, evaluating, testing, implementing, and/or supporting mechanical design and analysis software.
– Experience with model based definition, including experience with the use of 3D models in design, analysis, manufacturing, test and/or sustainment related operations.
– Experience integrating CAD software with other engineering calculation software (e.g. Mathcad, MATLAB).
– Demonstrated ability to interact with technical leaders across the enterprise.
– Experience developing and/or implementing 3D modeling and simulation practices.
– Prior experience creating, reviewing, or approving white papers.
– Working knowledge of a programming language (e.g. C, C++, VBA, etc…)
– Experience with Product Lifecycle Management Systems (e.g. Windchill, Teamcenter) and configuration management processes.
– Experience with Simulation Lifecycle Management Systems (e.g. TC4SIM, Dassault SLM, etc…)
– Experience supporting Aerospace and Defense.
– Demonstrated commitment to development and deployment of productivity/performance improvements, leveraging new technologies and leading change.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.