Lockheed Martin Mechanical Integration Engineering Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company is seeking an accountable Leader who excels at leading change and creating a positive inclusive environment. This position reports to the Mechanical Integration Senior Manager and supports Denver based Mechanical Integration functions inclusive of the A2100 Bus CoE, ORION, Commercial Space, and the Engineering & Technology functional organization. The successful candidate will contribute directly to program by leading the Spacecraft design team of Engineers through the design, fabrication, procurement and test of Spacecraft mechanical hardware, as well as lead other Mechanical Integration staff across the Denver campus.
Program responsibilities to include all aspects of team leadership including; cost, schedule, technical, risk and opportunity management and interfacing closely with LMCS IPT and customer counterparts. Also responsible for planning, executing and reporting on issue investigation and closure and design change efforts. Accountable for timely resolution of production issues and for on-time and on-cost delivery of production-driven design changes. Responsible for providing engineering support services to multiple internal and external manufacturing facilities.
This dual role management position has functional responsibilities including but not limited to: program staffing (deployment, skill mix management, and recruitment), career planning and counseling, training needs, strategic staffing (including critical skills management), mentoring, rewards and recognition. The manager ensures SSC standard technical processes and tools, best practices, and training are available and properly implemented on programs.
Desired Skills: a) Knowledgeable on Mechanical SSC A2100 TR based Common Products
b) Experience with the development of commercial communications spacecraft payload and bus architecture
c) Experienced with coordinating / conducting formal design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR)
d) Experience as Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) for spacecraft
e) Experience as Control Account Manager (CAM) with responsibility for execution of cost and schedule baselines for assigned control accounts
f) MRB certified with program hardware experience
g) Proven innovator with demonstrated commitment to the development and deployment of productivity improvements and/or new technologies
h) Experience leading rigorous failure analysis via formal failure review boards
i) Experience in Risk and Opportunity Management
j) Knowledge in launch vehicle structures, ordnance and/or propulsion design
k) Active TS/SCI security clearance
l) Subcontract management and supply chain interface experience
m) Knowledge of composite structure design and fabrication
n) Additive manufacturing experience
o) Proven functional leadership experience of multidisciplinary engineering teams.
p) Demonstrated experience in project management (PM, IPT lead, CPE, CSE,…).
q) Awareness of structural and thermo-elastic analysis tools and techniques.
r) Strong mentoring skills and experience
1.Active listener with excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in preparing and delivering technical presentations to program, customer representatives and Sr. leadership.
3. Proven leadership experience in either functional, technical or project/IPT management with a passion for leadership.
4. Demonstrated ability to multitask complex technical and/or programmatic issues.
5. Proven technical front-runner in spacecraft mechanical hardware design and integration including structures, mechanisms, thermal products, materials and processes.
6. Working knowledge of Systems Engineering work products and associated processes.
7. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with engineering functional/program management and other functional disciplines including production, ATLO, electronics, systems engineering, etc.
8. Working knowledge of MCAD modeling, drafting and release tools.
9. Knowledgeable of manufacturing processes and documentation, including SAP, Q-notes, test procedures, etc.
10. Demonstrated ability to interact with cross functional team members in establishing system requirements, Interface Control Documents (ICD’s) and final configurations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.