Lockheed Martin Mechanical Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
We are seeking a key technical member and mechanical
integrator for the Global Positioning System III (GPS
III) Space Vehicle Design and Launch Integration
team responsible for Space Vehicle integration and
test. The Systems Engineer will serve as a key
interface to the ATLO team.
- support Space Vehicle test activities in Denver and
at Launch Site
- drive anomaly investigations to closure
- perform data reviews and provide feedback to test
and integration teams
- engage in travel and off-shift support
- identify opportunities for build flow and test efficiencies
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Possesses strong systems engineering, or similar background working with a technical team
- Demonstrates experience in Integration, design, testing, and verification
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to constantly
changing requirements and situations
- Demonstrates experience in assessing risk, properly
prioritizing, statusing, and accomplishing multiple tasks
- Demonstrates strong communication, presentation,
interpersonal, time-management, self-direction/motivation, and leadership skills
- Working with geographically separated personnel
- Integrating complex information and summarizing
to senior management and customers via email or
- Certified Principal Engineer or Delegate CPE for
mechanical structures or similar
- GPS III and/or other Military Space or A2100 based
- CAD Proficiency (I-DEAS, Creo, etc.)
- Active Secret Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.