Lockheed Martin Project Engineer/ Control Account Manager (mid career) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers: connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you? Come, join our Project Engineering team in the dynamic world Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach.
Our facility in Littleton, CO seeks a mid-career Project Engineer/ Control Account Manager (CAM) to join our next generation GPS III (Global Positioning System) mission. On the GPS program you will help shape the future of this program and be part our team as we prepare to launch our third satellite and establish a new future conops for advanced technology insertion. As a CAM you will perform Control Account duties for all assigned control accounts within the GPS III BUS, Payload, and Subcontracts Teams. This will include leading, budgeting, and managing the cost/schedule/technical performance for each assigned Control Account (CA) on all GPS III Payload products, mechanical subsystems, CPE labor, and subcontracted hardware with a total dollar span of control of $600M-$1.5B.
Summary of Key Duties: In this role you will….
• Effectively manage control account performance, elevate concerns and issues to the GPS Bus IPT Manager and to program management including other impacted control account managers
• Work with partnering organizations (Supply Chain, PMP, Quality, etc.) to ensure all processes are appropriately followed and implemented to ensure smooth product flow throughout the lifecycle
• Identify risks and opportunities to the program Risk & Opportunity Control Board and implement approved mitigation plans
• Conduct closed loop corrective action to include thorough variance analysis, monitoring of cost/schedule mitigation activities, and corrective action adjustment
• Provide timely and accurate insight to key program impacts or opportunities to the GPS Quality Manager, the Segment Manager, and Program Manager
• Be “at the ready” for any 2nd level questions related to parts procurement status, headcount challenges, resource constraints, or safety and quality issues
• Complete all Value Management assigned duties to include work authorization requests, estimate at complete review, schedule status, variance reporting, and comprehensive estimates at complete
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of experience.
Join us. Let’s do Space!
• Bachelors degree in a technical or business discipline with 7-9 years of related experience
• Previous CAM experience or lead experience
• General technical knowledge of flight hardware and space vehicle integration (satellite parts and integration)
• Previous proposal, Basis of Estimate (BOE), and negotiations experience
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Knowledge of program lifecycle and how early milestones may drive future costs
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Secret government security clearance
• Familiarity with GPS III, A2100 Bus, and/or other Satellite programs is a plus
• Familiarity with payload products, batteries, and space vehicle integration experience is considered a plus
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure
• Strong problem solving, root cause, corrective action, and closure skills
• Ability to lead discussions and determine resolutions to problems
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Bus COE teammates, IPT Leads, Program Management Team, as well as internal customers
• Ability to accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to ensure cost, schedule, and technical success
• Experience supporting internal and external customer audits
• Desire to enhance program management skills including communication, the ability to deal with unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships
Benefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.