Lockheed Martin Project Engineer Staff - Command Media (mid-career level) in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The Lockheed Martin Space (LM Space) Operations, Program Management Execution (PME) organization assists programs and internal efforts across the LM Space enterprise to ensure successful execution. PME conducts strategic reviews throughout the lifecycle to identify and mitigate risks to successful on time, on budget execution. PME guides captures and programs through strategic sourcing for Make vs Buy analysis and Teaming Agreements. We assess and report program performance to Space and Corporate Executive Leadership Teams, diagnosing problems and providing recommendations for corrective actions. Finally, PME identifies, develops, mentors and deploys a talented pipeline of Program Managers for LM Space. The organization is a rewarding place to work providing quantifiable value to the enterprise.
The PME organization is seeking a mid-career level Project Engineering Lead to help reshape the Program Management Command Media, Develop Program Transition Assistance Processes, create Program Management & Control Account Management Guidebooks, and integrate Risk and Opportunity Management Processes to help guide Program Managers and Control Account Managers to successfully execute programs.
In this role your primary responsibilities will include:
• Define and Develop the future Program Management Command Media architecture.
• Gather, analyze and develop Space Program Management Policies, Processes, Procedures, Guidebooks, and Job Aides
• Interact with subject matter experts to develop and maintain current, accurate, and clear policies and procedures
• Coordinate stakeholder reviews, disposition comments, and obtain final approval from the appropriate leadership
• Perform Program Management Cooperate Policy, Space Command Media, and Program PAL Traceability and track Program Exceptions
• Manage the publication of policies, processes, procedures, guidebooks, and job aides
• Ensure programs are informed and aligned with Space Program Management process
• Provide training on Program Management Processes
• Transition Space Risk and Opportunity Management Command Media from Systems Engineering to the Program Management Organization
• Provide program start-up and transition assistance in areas such as Requirements Definition, Technical Baseline Management, Risk and Opportunity Management, and Control Account Management
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience..
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin. Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelors degree with 6-9 years of project engineering, design engineering, and/or systems engineering experience
• Previous Program Management or Control Account Management responsibility
• Previous Systems Engineering requirements or Process Asset Library (PAL)/ Common Integrated Process System (CIPS) responsibility
• Previous Risk & Opportunity Management responsibility
• Strong written, verbal, facilitation, and presentation skills
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
• Lean Six Sigma experience
• LM 21 Green Belt certifications
• Experience interfacing with a variety of employee levels, including executives
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively across organizations
• Ability to lead discussions and determine resolutions
• Strong problem solving and closure skills
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities
• Ability to thrive in ambiguity while collaborating with multiple stakeholders
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.