Lockheed Martin Propulsion Engineer - Integrated Product Team in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to join a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If this describes you, come join our team as our next Propulsion Engineer!
Reporting directly to the Propulsion Subsystem Technical Lead and Manager, in this role you will be responsible or partially responsible for a wide variety of elements within the Propulsion Subsystem Team on the fast-paced and rapidly-evolving LM400 Internal Research & Development (IRAD). You will be joining the IRAD at an exciting time, prior to the Propulsion Subsystem Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and therefore have the opportunity to affect great change in all phases of the engineering lifecycle from requirements definition through build, test and integration of various Propulsion Subsystems. Your responsibilities will vary from day-to-day, week-to-week and month-to-month with involvement and ownership in many aspects of Propulsion Engineering including CAD design, analysis, trade studies, engineering and program review boards, hardware procurement, proposal support, manufacturing, test, integration and, potentially, on-orbit operations and mission control.
This job requires coordinating with customers, proposal leads, suppliers, subcontracts, quality, analysis, all engineering functions and subsystems, and various facilities and laboratories including propulsion manufacturing, additive manufacturing, test, virtual/augmented reality and Assembly, Test & Launch Operations (ATLO). Other duties may include:
- Support proposals through the generation of detailed Basis of Estimates (BOEs), schedules, Bill of Materials (BOMs), product lists, cost models, etc.
- Develop and mature various Propulsion Subsystems through CAD design and drawing release
- Subsystem Integration
- Assist on the conceptual development, requirements definition, and of propulsion components
- Perform trade studies to select the appropriate solution
- Develop product performance specifications, statements of work, and supplier data requirements for components
- Maintain engineering drawings, specifications, and technical analyses to systems and components
- Provide requirements flow-down, verification, and maintain technical baseline at the suppliers
- Ability to work on a multi-disciplined team performing structural trades, detailed /analysis activity and performance and maintenance assessments of operational systems.
- Dynamic test definitions, requirements development, test monitoring, data reduction, and comparison to analysis efforts.
- Provide user documentation and recommendations to data packages to peer and customer reviews, present analysis data to engineering teams, customer technical representatives, and Program Office personnel at technical interchange meetings and review.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Experience in a variety of Propulsion Engineering areas such as CAD design, proposal support, hardware procurement, analysis, etc
• Experience with cross-functional engineering collaboration including with Systems, Thermal, Structures, Stress, Loads & Dynamics, Harnessing, Electronics, ATLO, etc
• Experience in requirement development, management and verification
• Experience with mechanical CAD modeling in CREO or equivalent
• Solid understanding of Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering fundamentals
• Fundamental understanding of the definition and verification of space environments including vibration, shock, thermal, orbital debris, atomic oxygen, etc.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance; US citizenship is required
• Strong desire to develop or continue a career in Propulsion Engineering
• Experience supporting proposals through developing Basis of Estimates (BOE’s), Integrated Master Schedules (IMS), Bill of Materials (BOM), etc
• Self-starter with the ability to make many educated assumptions given an incomplete data set
• Demonstrated proficiency with managing simultaneous tasks and responsibilities with competing deadlines
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Creative problem solver
• Ability to assess system-level impacts from subsystem-level decisions
• Understanding of space propulsion systems, especially monopropellant blowdown propulsion systems
• Familiarity with or experience employing the ‘Agile’ planning/process
• User of CREO CAD software
• Knowledge of GD&T
• Propulsion component development and system integration experience
• Experience with Propulsion hardware, manufacturing, test and integration
• Experience with supply chain management and subcontracts
• Additive manufacturing experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.