Lockheed Martin Quality Engineer Sr in Littleton, Colorado
Description: This position provides Quality Engineering support to the Denver Mechanical Manufacturing Center (MMC).
Quality Engineering support includes but is not limited to: Developing quality protocols for processing hardware into partially finished or finished products, disposition of nonconforming material, collaborating with design engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place up front in the process, implementing methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of hardware and mechanisms and production equipment, reviewing work instructions based on engineering drawings, requirements documents, sketches, inclusive of CAD system engineering.
A successful candidate will be comfortable with working with cross-functional (Engineering, Program Management and Customers) to eliminate quality control issues. This person will provide process oversight and lead continuous improvement within the organization.
Must be willing to work off shifts and non-standard work weeks as needed to meet product deliverables.
Desired Skills: • Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Aerospace or Defense Industry experience
• Familiar with SAP/VECAMS and other ERP Systems
• Ability to work well under pressure and extended hours (as needed)
• Potential candidate must be a highly motivated, detail oriented individual with an ability to analyze and solve problems in a team environment
• Geometric, Dimensional & Tolerance knowledge is a plus
• Prior experience in high technology manufacturing environment
• Green belt trained or certified (comparable experience w/continuous improvement activities (lean/six sigma) or ASQ certification
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.