Lockheed Martin Quality Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world! Every single day we use our creative skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus.
If you have the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, we want to build a better tomorrow with you! Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, to send astronauts to Mars, build 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, and develop national defense systems.
Military Space Operations in Littleton, CO has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer supporting the GPSIII program for NavSystems line of business. You will develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials products. The diverse set of tasks and responsibilities also includes:
• Collaborating with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Creating and implementing methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
• Designing and analyzing inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment. Initiating quality assurance tests; and performing statistical analysis to assess the cost and determine the responsibility for products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
• Audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
• Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is consistent with requirements.
• May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
• May certify in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
• Supporting Quality metrics generation and reporting, Cause and Effect analysis, and Program customer interface.
• Actively engage with internal suppliers, manufacturing, and subcontractor/suppliers.
• Support launch activities at various sites in support of program goals.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
• Technical experience in a related field (e.g. Quality Engineering, System Safety, Engineering, Manufacturing, Integration & Test).
• Knowledge of Peer Review (PR), Quality Material Review Board (QMRB) and subject matter expert in executing test planning, hardware processing, and non-conformance processing including root cause analysis and corrective action development.
• Knowledge of SAP/ERP
• Ability to interpret engineering dimensions, tolerances and requirements.
• Knowledge of Quality systems/processes and knowledge of external quality standards such as ISO9001 and/or AS9100.
• As a successful member of the team that delivers outstanding results, you will need excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with the team and multiple partners and external customers
• Strong analytical and job closure skills and ability to work with competing, challenging requirements
• Ability to acquire a Secret Security clearance (and COMSEC) and US Citizenship is required.
• Able to work off-shifts and weekends. Position will require periodic off-shift support for vehicle Assembly, Test and Launch Operations tasks.
• Some travel (although infrequent) will be required for this position in order to support program objectives.
• Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, etc.
• Working well in an environment with results-oriented requirements and dynamic schedules.
• Current MRB certification. Experience making Preliminary Review / MRB decisions.
• Experienced in developing & presenting hardware build data and non-conformance metrics and trends to internal and external contacts, in both written and oral presentations.
• Experience with US Military customers, especially the USAF Space Command.
• Currently hold a minimum DoD Secret and COMSEC, or an Interim Secret and able to acquire a full Secret clearance and COMSEC.
• Experience in electrical systems test, and EEE Parts, & Reliability Analyses.
• Experience in mechanical hardware and system design, assembly and test.
• Experience in establishing quality assurance performance metrics for identifying process improvement.
• Ability to use metrics and other means to critically assess organization, measure performance, and take corrective action.
• Consistent track record with program management and project management tools.
• Experience working with DCMA and other government customer support organizations.
• Working relationships with space vehicle subcontractors and suppliers.
• Understanding of export control and ITAR requirements.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.