Lockheed Martin Research Engineer - Advanced Manufacturing Technologies in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Apply for an exciting position with Lockheed Martin’s Emerging Technologies organization. The Human - Machines Solutions team is responsible for the maturation, integration, and effective transfer of the company digital manufacturing technologies such as knowledge deployment, process simulation, industrial control systems, autonomous production solutions, and automated/semi-automated processes.
Seeking a highly motivated individual to assist in the research and development of transformational tools and advanced technologies for aerospace and defense manufacturing. Performs research and/or product development encompassing multiple engineering disciplines, such as mechanical, electrical, systems, and/or industrial. Exceptional communication skills and a strong desire to develop new technology to enhance operational efficiency will be essential for success. This position contributes to the development of new principles and methods and supports corporate strategy.
• Advanced Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline
• Early career technologist specializing in the areas of human augmentation, advanced visualization, automation, and/or process control and simulation
• Working knowledge of advanced technologies for manufacturing applications such as augmented/virtual reality, robotics, process automation, machine vision, sensing, motion control, process simulation, and digital design for manufacturing
• Experience with specifying and optimizing human-machine interfaces (HMI)
• Experience in Systems Engineering and architecture as well as digital integration across multiple platforms
• Hands-on knowledge of relevant programming languages and software
• Knowledge and/or experience in machine learning and/or artificial intelligence
• Must be a U.S. citizen and be willing to re-locate to a Lockheed Martin facility location
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal communication skills and ability to work well on a
• Motivated self-starter who performs without appreciable direction and works effectively under competing priorities and tight deadlines
• Collaborative and team-oriented
• Quick study with a keen attention to detail and a sense of urgency
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College