Lockheed Martin Research Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new paradigm in space, Lockheed Martin Space Protection Programs is a pioneer, partner, innovator, and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design, and build solutions to some of the nation's hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus for you to accomplish incredible things on rapid timelines. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team of experts, you will work on the development of first-of-a-kind satellite system technologies for Space Protection Programs. You will participate in the maturation of multiple low TRL technologies for use on demonstration missions. This position will directly impact the history of space and will require your dedicated commitment and ability to push technological boundaries.
• Work in a laboratory environment to develop and test new technologies
• Utilize engineering and scientific methodologies to provide clear, meaningful results
• Use skills from multiple engineering disciplines
• Work with other engineering disciplines to deliver mission critical end to end solutions.
• Document findings and provide detailed technology transition plans
• Prepare for and participate in major customer reviews: i.e. SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.
Desired Skills: • General understanding of spacecraft and space systems
• Small Satellite experience a plus
• Advanced degree (Masters or PhD)
• Hands on hardware build and test a plus
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineer (Aerospace, Mechanical, Materials, Electrical, Software, or closely related field) combined with relevant work experience
• Demonstrated ability to work in lab environments
• Experience developing, executing, and analyzing engineering/scientific research projects
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.