Lockheed Martin RF Payload Chief Architect, Senior Staff in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Advanced Programs RF (APRF) is seeking an RF Payload Chief Architect with experience in the development of complex RF systems/subsystems; experience with EW systems is advantageous. The Chief Architect will lead a multi-disciplined technical team in developing a program technical baseline, maturing the architecture and provide technical oversight to all engineering activities on the program. This position requires a highly motivated individual with demonstrated exemplary communication skills as well as customer interface experience. It is not unusual to have multiple concurrent responsibilities, so being highly organized and having a follow-through mindset is critical. This is a high-visibility, fast-paced environment with opportunities to work a variety of mission spaces.
This role will be expected to perform the following duties for the APRF Organization:
• Enable business growth by successful technical execution, innovation and customer engagement.
• Support proposal capture and development activities
• Receive and interpret RFI/RFPs to break down requirements into architectural concepts.
• Collaborate with Antenna, RF, Structures, Power and other satellite subsystem leads to create competitive, winning Payload architectural solutions.
• Ensure technical performance measures (TPMs) are established and tracked by all IPTs.
(1) Extensive engineering knowledge and background in the satellite industry involving RF hardware, payload design, software, and communications disciplines.
(2) Well-organized with a demonstrated ability to lead technical teams across all phases of the product life cycle from proposal creation through product development, test, deployment, and support.
(3) Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to concisely explain complex subjects and issues to executive leadership.
(4) Ability to work at all levels technically and programmaticaly, from detailed design to high level strategy development.
(5) Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field, with 14 years professional experience
(1) Demonstrated Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) experience with Payload and /or Communications system space flight hardware
(2) Experience with designing/developing/integrating digital EW systems
(3) Advanced knowledge of technical solutions and their application in a large, enterprise environment to include tactics and techniques employed by operators.
(4) Demonstrated expertise in System Engineering process with a focus on development of products and manufacturing including transition of designs through product deployment for the DOD market
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.