Lockheed Martin RF Payload Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: This position is participating in our External Referral Program . If you know somebody who may be a fit, click here (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/external-referral-program) to submit a referral. If your referral is hired, you'll receive a $3000 payment!
Come join the Lockheed Martin Space RF & Radar Payload Center of Excellence and shape the future! You can work on challenging programs in support of Space Vehicles, Hypersonics, Missile Defense and more.
The coolest jobs on this planet…or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
As a Systems Engineer with LM Space you will contribute toward the development and delivery of RF and digital payloads, and RF and optical subsystem solutions, for Space and Missile platforms. RF payloads and subsystems are needed for every platform and serve missions ranging from human space flight, commercial broadband services, national intelligence, protected communications, navigation and more. Our product portfolio includes a wide range of international and domestic programs, addressing the critical needs of our commercial, civil, and government customers.
The Systems Engineer emphasizes ‘systems thinking’ throughout the product lifecycle. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires diverse perspectives and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy at LM Space:
• Competitive Medical & Dental insurance
• 401k with competitive company matching
• Paid time off
• Encouragement of work/life balance
• Flexible work schedule
• Onsite health center / gym (Littleton, CO)
• Onsite medical center (Littleton, CO)
• Intramural sports activities
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Active TS/SCI
• Experience with the development and delivery of RF payloads and/or subsystems
• Certification and training as Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) or Responsible Systems Engineer (RSE), or equivalent
• Experience developing and analyzing technical requirements, performing trade studies, and allocating functions down to RF payloads, subsystems and/or components
• Experience defining end-to-end performance and functionality of RF payloads and/or subsystems, consistent with mission needs and CONOPS
• Experience with certifying and selling off an RF payload or subsystem to the customer
• Working knowledge of Data Object Oriented Requirements (DOORS) or similar requirements management tool
• Proficiency with the development of specifications and interface definitions for digitally processed RF payloads and communications subsystems (E.g. TT&C)
• Experience with defining external interfaces for antennas, active/passive RF components, receivers/transmitters, and digital processors
• Experience with the development and specification of Communication Security (COMSEC) and Transmission Security (TRANSEC) Hardware
• Experience with successful execution of RF payload/subsystem test plans
• Demonstrated success of total hardware ownership throughout its lifecycle by managing technical risks and opportunities, leading anomaly resolution activities, and ultimately certifying hardware for flight operation
• Proven ability to execute major milestone reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.).
• A team player with the demonstrated ability to participate in cross functional teams and communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers, management, and peers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.