Lockheed Martin Spacecraft Manager in Littleton, Colorado
Description: At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our outstanding skills, talents and experiences to craft and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Do you have the passion to get humans back to the moon and eventually to Mars? NASA has developed a vision for exploration that includes the development of a Human Lander System and a Gateway Habitat in the next 5 years. The nation received a White House mandate to place humans back on the surface of the Moon by 2024. Lockheed Martin Space in onboard to be part of this historic event and is looking to build a core team of highly-motivated engineers excited to be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is a rare opportunity for you to help NASA meet the challenges of the first step in achieving that "long-term presence at the Moon" and the stepping point for human missions to Mars!
As the Spacecraft Manager for the Cryogenic Demonstration Mission (CDM) within the Human Spaceflight organization , you will:
• Serve as the spacecraft engineering lead and work with the Chief Engineer to stand up this capability within LM
• Drive new business capture activities for future CDM solutions
• Provide guidance to a Systems Engineering team to include full Systems Engineering lifecycle processes, from architecture and requirements development through system operations and integration, and their application to the lunar exploration campaign
• Provide oversight and support to critical program area Engineering skill development
• Utilize your background and functional leadership experience to help deliver on this critical program
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline or relevant work experience
• Extensive experience in architectural trades and design
• Strong systems integration background
• Good working knowledge of S/C subsystems to include; propulsion, avionics, GN&C, comm, structures, EPS and thermal.
• Prior experience as a lead on spaceflight hardware such as spacecraft or subsystem lead on a Space program
• Demonstrated ability to lead and integrate teams of different backgrounds and technical cultures
• Comfortable presenting and communicating with executive level customers
• Experience with spacecraft or subsystem engineering lifecycle
• NASA Program experience
• Experience with Agile management methods
• HW/SW integration experience
• Strong understanding of NASA architectures
• Experience with NASA Customer
• Previous proposal work in a lead position
• Proficiency in orbital mechanics and mission analysis
• Experience with spacecraft propulsion system design, fabrication, and test
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.