Lockheed Martin Spacecraft Responsible Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The spacecraft Responsible Systems Engineer (RSE) guides the technical development of the spacecraft through all phases of development from formulation, through development and into flight operations. The RSE has a strong understanding of all spacecraft subsystems, the internal/external interfaces, and how the entire system operates within the system of systems to accomplish its mission. A successful spacecraft RSE continuously moves the design/build/test of the spacecraft forward within the framework of the overall program. Fundamental to success is the ability to understand priorities and make proper risk-based decisions related to spacecraft build/performance within the program’s cost and schedule constraints. As such, the spacecraft RSE provides the senior technical leadership on the program and is the primary interface between the technical team and program executive leadership.
Some specific job responsibilities of the spacecraft RSE are:
1) balance and assess the test program and requirements to meet mission needs
2) establish and enforce the standard for anomaly investigations
3) ensure adequate peer reviews are conducted to confirm all engineering changes are complete prior to implementation
4) ensure leadership (Chief Engineer, Program Management, Vice President) are informed & engaged in decisions which impact contractual performance
5) ensure technical risks are adequately represented
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other technical discipline with at least 10 years of related experience
• Knowledge and application of Systems Engineering processes and functions
• Experience with space flight hardware from component specification and development through system integration and test
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, avionics, RF, communication, etc.)
• Technical leadership of small teams or projects
• Active Top Secret security clearance
• 7+ years of experience with satellite systems design, development, integration, test
• Experience with architecture, integration, and test of spacecraft systems or subsystems
• Knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering tools and/or processes
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
• Special Programs mission domain understanding
• Active TS/SCI security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.