Lockheed Martin Sr Electronics Engineer Lead, Special Test Equipment in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company at Littleton, CO ?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space .
Defending against modern day missile threats requires constant teamwork and innovation. That’s why we’re able to integrate systems from end to end so you can detect, control and engage the full spectrum of missile threats across every domain. We are investing in disruptive technology like directed energy, space-based capabilities and solid state-radar. To build layers of defense that help keep us all safe!
Shooting a missile down with a missile was once a concept only dreamed up in science fiction novels. We’ve made it scientific fact!
So what does it take to spot an enemy missile launch, identify its intended target, calculate its exact trajectory, launch an interceptor and guide it to destroy the threat in mid-air? All in a matter of seconds? It’s not easy – but we help customers solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our culture supports employees to dream big, perform with perfection and build incredible products. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus and if you have the passion and courage, we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Join the Lockheed Martin Special Test Equipment (STE) team that supports multiple programs across within LM Space, building test racks that checkout flight hardware prior to spacecraft integration.
This role is looking for a Lead Hardware/Electronics Engineer with a strong interest hardware test and software scripting. This position will write and integrate test scripts to verify the functionality of spacecraft hardware.
• Position requires periodic travel to other locations.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Experience in both design and test of electrical hardware.
• 5 - 9 years of professional experience for this role.
• This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen .
***Position is contingent upon program award expected in 1Q2021.
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education with a talent for computer programming or scripting.
• Broad range of electronic circuit design experience.
• Previous or current Product Engineer or equivalent experience.
• Experience developing software using text-based languages, such as Python, C/C++/C#, Visual Basic.
• Experience using laboratory test equipment for hardware debug, such as chart recorders, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, digital multimeters.
• This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
• Broad range of electronic circuit design experience in areas such as analog, digital, microcontroller, Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs), and power supply circuits.
• Experience with communication protocols (i.e. MIL-STD-1553, TCP/IP, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, IEEE 488, DMA, etc.)
• Experience with Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) design and schematic capture and PWB/PCB layout interface, generating a BOM (Bill of Materials) of required components/parts, and working with vendors for fabrication, assembly, and parts procurement.
• Experience in hardware/software integration, and troubleshooting.
• Troubleshooting and repair cable setups, PWB/PCB, Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA) and a variety of electronic equipment.
• Embedded software experience using microcontroller or single-board computer
• Experience programming FPGAs with VHDL or Verilog
• Experience with Unix/Linux environments
• Experience with software development life-cycle: requirements, design, development, integration and test, and maintenance.
• Experience with software configuration management tools such as Git or Subversion.
• Procurement system knowledge.
• Willingness to learn new environments and work independently in a fast-paced development environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.