Lockheed Martin Sr Staff Engineer -- Laser Communication in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet…or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion for working on emerging technologies?
As a Laser Communication Engineer with LM Space you will contribute toward the development and delivery of Laser Communication subsystem solutions for space platforms. Laser Communication subsystems are an emerging need for our platforms and serve missions ranging from human space flight, commercial broadband services, national intelligence, protected communications, Pointing/Navigation/Timing, and more. Our product portfolio addresses the critical needs of our commercial, civil, and government customers to field 5G communication solutions.
In addition, you will contribute to the design, development, test and integration of space-based optical communication systems. You will develop specifications, perform product trade analyses, execute detailed implementation, conduct laboratory and field testing, validate performance through analysis and testing, certify a deliverable product, and/or integrate the product onto a space vehicle. This role emphasizes ‘systems thinking’ throughout the product lifecycle. To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin nurtures an inclusive work environment that inspires diverse perspectives and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy at LM Space:
• Competitive Medical & Dental insurance
• 401k with competitive company matching
• Paid time off
• Encouragement of work/life balance
• Flexible work schedule
• Onsite health center / gym (Littleton, CO)
• Onsite medical center (Littleton, CO)
• Intramural sports activities
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
As a federal contractor Lockheed Martin is required to provide the candidate an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Clearance
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or related discipline
• Free space optical communication (laser communication) or fiber optic communication domain knowledge
• A team player with willingness to learn
• Experience with the architecture, development and/or delivery of Laser Communication subsystems and/or components for terrestrial, air and/or space systems
• Current DoD TOP SECRET, with ability to obtain a TS/SCI with CI poly
• MS in Electrical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or related discipline
• Experience developing and analyzing technical requirements, performing trade studies, and allocating functions down to laser communication subsystems and/or components
• Proficiency with the development and specification of laser communication subsystem hardware, including amplifiers, modems, antennas and RF/Optical interfaces
• Experience with the development of optical communication algorithms for Forward Error Correction and Ranging using MATLAB, Simulink, or similar tool
• A teammate with the proven ability to work collaboratively across multifunctional teams to achieve common goals
• Proven ability developing and delivering technical presentations to effectively describe technical approach as well as execute major design reviews (e.g. SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.