Lockheed Martin System Engineering - Requirements, Standards, and Interfaces - Lead in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have the passion to get humans back to the moon and eventually to Mars? NASA has developed a vision for exploration that includes the development of a Human Lander System and a Gateway Habitat in the next 5 years. The nation received a White House mandate to place humans back on the surface of the Moon by 2024. Lockheed Martin Space in onboard to be part of this historic event and is looking to build a core team of highly-motivated engineers excited to be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is a rare opportunity for you to help NASA meet the challenges of the first step in achieving that "long-term presence at the Moon" and the stepping point for human missions to Mars.
At Lockheed Martin, we develop and build systems that really move. Some move into and through space, while others move rapidly through the atmosphere, over land or over water. Our customers need and expect high performance from these systems and mass properties affects that performance. We need Mass Properties team members to help make sure our customers get those systems that really move!
This position is for a Requirements, Standards, and Interfaces Lead on the IHLS (Integrated Human Lander System) Program
As the Systems Engineer Lead for Requirements and Verification, you will:
• Define and own the Requirements and Verification Baseline
• Lead Specification and Interface Control Document development
• Support development of program interface baseline, ground and flight test planning, and design reviews
• Be a lead in value driven Systems Engineering team and drive design evolution in a systematic and thoughtful way
• Work closely with the customer counterpart to develop, test and field a strategic system
*** Please note this position is contingent upon program award expected 1/1/2020 ***
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Significant experience in Systems Engineering, or related engineering discipline with detailed knowledge of Systems Engineering concepts and processes
• Identifying, decomposing, allocating and verifying/validating requirements
• Participating in Systems Engineering reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR)
• Experience coordinating with multiple key partners
• Customer interface experience
• Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Ability to build strong relationships with program internal and external customers
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Ability to build strong relationships with program internal and external customers, lead multi-functional teams and build consensus among peers
• Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.