Lockheed Martin System Integration/Test Engineer Mgr in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Come lead a team of innovative and multidisciplinary engineers focused on delivering world class Mechanical Ground Support Equipment. The candidate will be responsible for the management of the Denver central MGSE engineering organization. The candidate will manage a diverse work force responsible for the development, design, fabrication, test, and delivery of special tooling and mechanical ground support equipment (MGSE). The candidate will be required to support internal customer requirements in the Denver, Michoud, and Stennis Manufacturing centers as well as the program ATLO teams. The candidate will work closely with their counterparts in Sunnyvale, CA and Titusville, FL to develop and implement one-company processes; champion tactical and strategic initiatives to provide value-driven cost, schedule, and technical solutions; and drive a flexible, dynamic, customer oriented organization. Candidate will be responsible for managing manpower, meeting cost, schedule, and technical commitments for direct and capital projects, and supporting surge efforts as required. Candidate can be expected to provide weekly and monthly status, and regularly present to senior and executive leadership. The ideal candidate will have excellent Full Spectrum Leadership skills, communications skills (both oral and written), able to mentor and develop subordinates, and have a strong background in manufacturing and ATLO environments and processes. Must be able to travel.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Structural, or related engineering or management discipline and a minimum of 5 years of combined experience in development, design, fabrication, test, and delivery of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE)
- Must have a demonstrated ability to plan, propose, and manage organizational budgets and schedules
- The selected candidate must have a strong working knowledge of LM Space command media, Industry and Federal Standards governing tooling and MGSE, and be able to apply the knowledge in the development of common standards and equipment.
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong internal customer relationships.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in an environment with evolving requirements and dynamic schedules.
- Demonstrated personnel leadership and project leadership skills, and the ability to cultivate a highly motivated workforce, with the ability to lead and drive change
- Candidate must have strong oral, written, and presentation communication skills, and have the ability to interact effectively and build effective relationships with customers and senior program management
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Program management/Cost Account Management (CAM) experience
- Capture Management/Proposal experience
- Manufacturing and ATLO experience
- Experience in capital management
- Familiarity with engineering CAD tools (Creo, I-DEAS, etc.) and model based product definition
- Certified LM-21 green belt
- Working knowledge of industry standards and federal regulations including ANSI, OSHA, and AWS standards applicable to mechanical and structural systems. Experience should include a working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning &Tolerancing (GD&T) and ASME Y14.5.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.