Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Architecture and Requirements in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
SP-Advanced Programs Development (APD) is seeking a systems engineer with experience in large and/or complex system design. As a Systems Engineer , you will:
- Be skilled in orchestrating satellite system development in collaboration with Antenna, RF, Structures, Power, MM/C2, mission processing, and other subsystem leads; an area of particular focus is CONOPS/DITL development to define system operations, timing, dataflow, storage, and communications, and show traceability to customer-defined missions
- Be familiar with or have experience with current end-to-end space and ground element technologies
- Be familiar with standard systems engineering processes and practices to include requirements development, analysis, decomposition and baselining activities as well as with formal system engineering review processes
- Have strong interpersonal skills, will thrive in a team environment, and be capable of operating with minimal oversight to complete assignments
- Collaborate with subcontractors, local engineers, and geographically dispersed teammates, as well as participate in customer design reviews, demonstrations, and briefings
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Systems engineering experience with two or more of the following: requirements development, CONOPS development, Mission analysis, Systems modeling
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in in Aerospace Engineering or related technical field
- Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Complex system architect with design experience
- Experience taking design to implementation
- Mission operations / Command & Control experience
- Modeling spacecraft payload sensors
- Requirements development
- CONOPS development
- Mission analysis
- Systems modeling
- Systems Tool Kit (STK)
- Satellite Systems architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- TS/SCI security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.