Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer - Human Factors in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have the passion to get humans back to the moon and eventually to Mars? NASA has developed a vision for exploration that includes the development of a Human Lander System and a Gateway Habitat in the next 5 years. The nation received a White House mandate to place humans back on the surface of the Moon by 2024. Lockheed Martin Space is onboard to be part of this historic event and is looking to build a core team of highly-motivated engineers excited to be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is a rare opportunity for you to help NASA meet the challenges of the first step in achieving that "long-term presence at the Moon" and the stepping point for human missions to Mars.
This position is for a Human Factors Systems Engineer on the IHLS (Integrated Human Lander System) Program.
As the Human Factors Engineer you will:
• Apply human factors principles, methodologies, and technologies to the design of human-machine systems and products
• Validate and Verify NASA Human Factors requirements and develop Flight and Ground Human Factors requirements
• Perform evaluations in such areas as anthropometry/biomechanics, systems architecture, crew interface usability, and human-computer interaction
• Work across multi-disciplined teams to optimize the performance of human-machine systems and architecture design
• Typically coordinate technical requirements across engineering disciplines, participate in hardware & software design and reviews, analyze and assess system architecture, and analyze human capabilities and impacts of the system environment
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers pursue the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
*** Please note this position is contingent upon program award expected 1/1/2020***
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Biomedical), Human Factors Psychology, or closely related field
• Human Factors Engineering practitioner (i.e., with experience designing and conducting usability tests)
• Knowledge of how to apply Human Factors specifications and requirements
• Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Human Factors Psychology, Biomedical Engineering, or closely related field
• Enthusiastic problem-solver with knowledge of human modeling tools & techniques
• Previous experience working with NASA and/or other Government customers
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker with the ability to select and apply appropriate systems thinking skills to solve problems and implement constructive change
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.