Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer - System Modeling Lead in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have the passion to get humans back to the moon and eventually to Mars? NASA has developed a vision for exploration that includes the development of a Human Lander System and a Gateway Habitat in the next 5 years. The nation received a White House mandate to place humans back on the surface of the Moon by 2024. Lockheed Martin Space is onboard to be part of this historic event and is looking to build a core team of highly-motivated engineers excited to be working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. This is a rare opportunity for you to help NASA meet the challenges of the first step in achieving that "long-term presence at the Moon" and the stepping point for human missions to Mars.
This position is for a System Modeling Lead Engineer on the IHLS (Integrated Human Lander System) Program
As the System Modeling Lead Engineer you will:
• Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems--analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Utilize the latest Model Based Systems Engineering toolset to perform System Level Spacecraft performance analyses
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers pursue the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
*** Please note this position is contingent upon program award expected 1/1/2020***
• Experience with using SysML in a number of program phases, and working with modern SysML tools to integrate them with other Systems Engineering tools
• Experience with leading application of MBSE approaches on Systems Engineering teams
• Experience with leading modeling efforts and organizing system models on MBSE programs
• Experience with leading MBSE analysis and execution with system models
• OCSMP System Modeling Certification
• Experience with OOSEM
• Integrating analysis tools via ModelCenter
• Demonstrated behaviors of a systems thinker; selects and applies appropriate systems thinking skills to solve very complex problems and implement constructive change
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams, build strong relationships with team members and build consensus among peers
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.