Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer, Weather and Remote Sensing in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Commercial Civil Space (CCS) Advanced Programs (AP) team is seeking a Systems Engineering lead to drive new approaches and innovations in Weather and Remote Sensing (WRS) focused on space weather, terrestrial weather, and Earth science remote sensing mission design. The Systems Engineer will interface with the Business Development (BD) team in developing and executing strategies tied to targeted investments for securing existing programs (i.e. keep sold), winning future civil and commercial space programs, and expanding the business into new and emerging markets.
- Manage Internal Research & Development (IRAD) projects
- Develop weather and remote sensing mission concepts
- End-to-end architecture design (spacecraft, payloads, communications, ground)
- Engage with Business Development in strategy formulation and execution
- Respond to RFIs and ROM requests
- Develop whitepapers
- Support customer meetings and science conferences
- Support pursuits across the Lines of Business (LOBs)
- Engage Centers of Excellence for technology development
- Foster customer, partner, and internal relationships
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Desired Skills: - Master's degree in science or engineering
- 5+ years of systems engineering experience
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience in remote sensing, spacecraft design, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in scientific/technological research and development
- Background in space/plasma physics and/or atmospheric physics
- Technical knowledge and experience with small satellite design (nano, micro)
- Familiarity with core customers (NASA, NOAA)
- Managing schedule and budget for research projects
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, writing, presentations)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.