Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Come be a part of the development of the new Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW). This new air-launched weapon system will include phases progressing through design, flight test, initial production and deployment of the weapon system. Join the Lockheed Martin team and be a part of the company that has developed and flown more hypersonic vehicles than any other U.S. Company and has decades of hypersonic development and flight test experience from government contracts as well as internal investments in research and development projects.
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
The Systems Engineer will:
- support Hypersonics HCSW Program Booster Sub system specifications and GFI Boost GFI requirements specifications
- have extensive knowledge of at least one of the key system engineering disciplines with knowledge of all Systems Engineering disciplines to include system design, requirements definition, allocation, maintenance, verification/validation, system integration, systems analysis and test
- play critical roles in the conduct of major program reviews including SRR, PDR, and CDR
- participate in Specification and Interface Control Document development
- support the requirements verification process to include development of Verification and Test Plans
- support missile system analyses in support of mission planning and execution
- participate in the identification and mitigation/ exploitation of program risks and opportunities
- provide support to various proposals or long-term systems engineering planning
- be involved in all phases of the project life cycle (e.g., architecture development, CONOPS, requirements definition, design, qualification, verification, integration assembly and test)
- work in a team environment and will represent the organization as a prime technical contact interfacing with multiple disciplines, program management and customers to help drive to a complete solution
The Systems Engineer may support tests at various test ranges. Some travel will be required.
Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Desired Skills: - Customer interface experience as project lead or technical expert
- Proficiency with one or more of the following:
1) Lead for major design reviews
2) Missile system engineering experience
3) DOORS expert
4) MatLab, and/or other design/analysis tool expert
5) Hardware/Software Development
7) Missile or Weapon System Development
8) Performance, Functional, or Software Requirements
9) Lead CONOPS or Architecture Development
10) Lead of System Level trade studies
11) Proposal Experience
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Experience in Booster Sub system specifications and GFI Boost GFI requirements specifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated Systems Engineering (or related) experience and extensive knowledge of systems processes in one or more of the following areas with understanding of all areas:
1) requirements identification, decomposition and allocation
2) interface control document and element specification development and management
3) planning or performance of requirement verification
4) system-level missile system analysis
5) hardware and/or software test planning and/or execution
6) system Integration
- Microsoft Office suite (i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
-Demonstrated ability to work in a team-environment as a team lead or technical expert
-Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral, are essential along with the ability to professionally represent the company and program in multiple settings
- DoD Secret or Interim Secret security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.