Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Your invitation to a forward-thinking future!
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for a hardworking Systems Integration Engineer to become a member of the [TBD team].
As a Systems Engineer , you will:
• Craft the program development and provide technical expertise in evaluating technical quality of design products
• Apply Lockheed Martin's technical processes, tools and validated methodologies to ensure Design Reviews for the program are executed successfully
• Shepherd the program through design reviews to include SRR, PDR CDR, CIR and MSCSR
• Define and own the Requirements and Verification Baseline
• Lead Specification and Interface Control Document development
• Support development of
baseline, ground and flight test planning, and design reviews
• Be a lead in value driven Systems Engineering team and drive design evolution in a systematic and thoughtful way
• Work closely with thecounterpart to develop, test and field a strategic system
• Develops mission planning/engagements for upcoming small satellite technology demonstrations
• Prepares demonstration operations team through executing of final end-to-end testing and mission rehearsals
• Support operations leadership by shepherding small teams from training through execution
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
• Knowledge and application of Systems Engineering processes and Systems Integration functions including:
a.) System trade studies and/or System modeling
b.) Requirements and Interface Control Document (ICD) development
c.) System Integration, Test and/or Verification
d.) Test planning and execution with an understanding of all the interdependencies
e.) Design reviews
• System design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Propulsion, RF, Software, etc.)
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering and mission assurance fundamentals necessary for delivering the system on time within risk and cost allocations
• Experience with Engineering and Systems Engineering development processes and all phases of development life cycle (to include proposal, design, qualification, requirements verification/validation, production and deployed system support)
• Program/Project Management and Cost Account Manager (CAM) experience with the ability to articulate complex technical and programmatic issues to subordinates, peers, management and customers
• Significant experience with spacecraft architecture design, development, integration, test, with broad based and in-depth knowledge of space, missile and launch systems at the component through system level
• Experience with software subsytem development, integration, and test
• Prior experience with analysis and optimization of payload performance
• Ability to absorb extensive technical detail and logically formulate solutions for execution on an inflexible schedule, often requiring integration of conflicting and, at times, incomplete data
• Experience ensuring the physical and functional compatibility of hardware/software products throughout the full lifecycle of the program
• Missile or space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Ability to interact with hardware and software developers to ensure mission requirements are satisfied
• Demonstrated ability to get results from teams without direct authority
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong presentation skills and capable of briefing audiences large or small of varying technical knowledge
• Proven track record of good judgment and programmatic execution necessary to meet technical requirements while balancing schedules and budget obligations
• Ability to operate in a dynamic environment and take on numerous roles as part of the daily program operations
• Master’s Degree in Systems Engineering, INCOSE Certification, or relevant Graduate Certificate
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, leadership, and customers
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.