Lockheed Martin Test Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Come be a part of our team in the fast-paced world of the Lockheed Martin Space RF and Antenna Production Center. We are looking for a self-starting Test Engineer to develop test procedures and lead technician teams in the execution of electrical tests for RF electronic / microelectronic circuit boards, slices, subassemblies, and assemblies for military and commercial satellites.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Exercise technical abilities to troubleshoot flight hardware and functional test equipment.
• Compile data and define changes required in testing equipment, testing procedures, manufacturing processes, or new testing requirements.
• Participate in the development of test equipment modernization.
• Assist with planning and scheduling of equipment testing.
• Must be able to support build and tests efforts on occasional weekends, off shifts, and holidays to support project completion timelines.
• Typically has 2-5 years of professional experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering / related discipline (curriculum that included coursework in all these associated areas: RF / Microwave transmission, antenna theory, and / or high frequency transmission line theory).
• Two years’ experience testing / designing RF electronics systems.
• Other candidates to be considered must have at least 10 years of demonstrated experience troubleshooting and testing RF electronic systems.
• Proficient in all these disciplines: use of signal generators, frequency spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, electronic multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and power supplies.
• Must be familiar with all the following concepts: Gain, Phase, Phase Noise, Noise Figure, VSWR, S-Parameters, Insertion Loss, and Return Loss.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with peers, managers, and project stakeholders effectively using both verbal and written communications.
• Experience as a certified test conductor.
• Proficient using the Lockheed Martin Automation Framework Test Procedure tool.
• Knowledge and capability to develop written test procedures.
• Experience leading teams of technicians.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.