Lockheed Martin RF/Radar COE RF Payload Engineering Director in Lone Tree, Colorado
Description: Come join the Lockheed Martin Space RF and Radar Center of Excellence and shape the future! You can work on exciting programs in support of Space Vehicles, Hypersonics, Missile Defense and more!
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin (LM) Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing people are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus, and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Our Engineering and Technology organization is seeking an executive level leader to implement the vision and sustainment of a world class RF & Radar Payload Center of Excellence (CoE). The Director, RF Payload Engineering will develop strategy for next generation payloads and critical investments. Manage product lifecycle from concept development, proposals submission, through execution to delivery. Deliver results by leading a collaborative consortium of leaders and engineers specializing in RF Systems, Antenna Products, RF/Microwave Products, and Mission Processing and focused on development and delivery of advanced RF payloads. Your team will expand the portfolio by delivering cutting edge technology and products serving new and existing mission capabilities for the global marketplace.
This role will be responsible for RF and Radar Payload Center of Excellence. This includes:
• Leading the RF engineering strategy, defining discriminating technology roadmaps and operationalizing design and analysis tool sets in support of enterprise growth as a premier payload provider
• Oversight over RF Engineering functions, including antenna, radar, electronic steered arrays, passive and active equipment, RF systems engineering, processor and channel products.
• Proven experience as a conceptual thinker with the ability to translate into action and results.
• Collaborating with Lines of Business (LOBs), APD, production, ATLO, supply chain, operations and quality to design for producibility, affordability and mission relevance. This includes identifying and propagating design technology selection and best practices; ensuring technical domain expertise of the team through process and tool development; resolving critical technical issues; supporting new business initiatives including IRAD investment and development of strategic RF Payloads.
• Experience supporting Government and Commercial customers
• Frequent high-level executive, customer and external professional community interaction and collaboration
• Planned significant growth over next several years as payload thickening strategy matures
• Demonstrate Full Spectrum Leadership through leading and scaling the Space RF Payload Engineering organization, developing critical talent.
• Identify and integrate RF Payload technical concepts, mission assessments, technology, space, air, and ground solutions into a cohesive and competitive approach for LM Space
• Drive new technology selection and first article development, related to RF Payloads, subsystems and components
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
As a federal contractor Lockheed Martin is required to provide the candidate an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin.
• Architect leadership on capture teams and strategy development.
• Proven ability to develop strategy for next generation payloads and critical investments.
• Experience managing product lifecycle from concept development, proposals, execution to delivery.
• Experience managing technical, schedule and cost for a program or product, maintaining integrity of the LOB/program design baselines, incorporation of best practices, and optimum technical work.
• Demonstrated ability to drive closure and resolve technical issues/challenges.
• Wide variety of customer experience and exposure across Business Areas and missions.
• Ability to ensure mission requirements within the RF payload arena are correctly specified and satisfied program requirements.
• US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain & maintain TS/SCI Clearance.
• Demonstrated experience in driving results and managing operations of an Engineering organization.
• Demonstrated ability to develop technical talent and to build technical pipelines to sustain technical expertise within the organization.
• Excellent communications skills both verbal and written with the proven ability to communicate to all levels internally and externally.
• Extensive customer and external community relationships.
• Current/Active SCI Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.