Lockheed Martin Systems Engineer Sr Stf in Lone Tree, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin (LM) is looking for a forward-thinking Spacecraft Electrical Systems Engineer for the LM 400 Program. In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for all electrical performance and integration, power modeling, channelization/electrical interconnect management, compatibility analysis, and electrical subsystem designs to ensure compliance with the spacecraft level technical baseline, maintaining end to end compatibility, functional allocations and margins
• Evaluate competing solutions for spacecraft design, command and control and mission data processing
• Perform complex trades to establish the baseline architecture, incorporating components from multiple heritage systems as well as newly developed systems
• Serve as a technical advocate for the satellite throughout its lifecycle, from requirements definition through mission operations; verifies that the satellite aligns with program technical requirements, and resists inappropriate compromise and risk, checks programmatic decisions, and balances technical performance, cost, schedule, and risk, while ensuring mission success
• Participate in developing and executing critical development program key reviews such as SRR, SDR, PDR and CDR, optimally communicating to program and customer management and executive leadership extemporaneously and in formal reviews
To promote the sharing of ideas, we at Lockheed Martin champion an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking.
You have opportunities to play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
You can learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package by visiting this link. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
• Satellite or spacecraft design, integration, test and/or operations
• Spacecraft integration and expertise in multiple spacecraft subsystems
• Experience in technical leadership role and driving issues/challenges to closure
• Familiarity with Systems Engineering and mission assurance fundamentals necessary for delivering the highest reliability space systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
• US Citizen with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Prior experience as spacecraft or electrical subsystem/component CPE
• Electrical design and integration (power modeling, electrical compatibility analysis, etc.)
• Integrating flight software and databases
• Creating/modifying system design artifacts per the requirements baseline
• Extensive technical understanding of the assigned product, accepting responsibility and accountability, and exercising authority including stopping production, test, or a launch
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex design information, technical decisions and issues to both highly technical and non-technical reviewers.
• Ability to evaluate data from spacecraft subsystem providers (e.g. bus, payload) and demonstrate compatibility, assess requirements compliance, identify and resolve risks, and implement opportunities for improved solutions vs. system requirements
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Active Top Secret or SCI clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.