Kelly Services Lead Quality Inspector in Longmont, Colorado
Job Title: Lead Quality Inspector
Location: Longmont CO
Duration: Temp to hire
Pay: $30.00-$33.00/hr. DOE
Kelly Services is seeking a Lead Quality Inspector for a growing customer in Longmont CO.
This candidate will lead, develop, improve, and maintain quality inspection processes and procedures in addition to monitoring manufacturing and test processes by performing inspections of product and equipment. In addition, the Lead Quality Inspector will lead, develop, improve, and maintain the equipment calibration process and CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine) capabilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reports to Quality Manager.
• Manages execution, management, and improvements to the equipment calibration process using lean principles and able to train others on the process.
• Oversees execution, management, and improvements of QI process areas and procedures using lean principles and able to train others on the process.
• Performs and manages CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine) measurements and capabilities.
• Able to resolve problems with minimal input from others.
• Participates in internal audits regarding AS9100 compliance.
• Achieves / Maintains IPC-J-STD-001, NASA 8739.1 NASA Conformal Coating & Staking (Polymerics Inspection), and NASA STD 8739.4 NASA STD Cable, Harness and Crimp (Inspection) Certifications
• Performs incoming inspection of all purchased parts and associated paperwork.
• Performs durometer checks.
• Performs final close-out of build and test books.
• Conducts random “audits” of build and test books to ensure compliance to procedures
• Ensure all necessary paperwork and processes are completed following a discrepancy incident to allow build to continue.
• Ensures all build and test documentation is completed correctly.
• Performs peer checks for manufacturing and test technicians.
• Performs quality control inspection of hardware to aerospace standards, drawings and work instructions.
• Other duties as assigned by Quality Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience using and developing processes for CMMs (Coordinate Measurement Machines)
• Ability to manage process improvement activities
• Ability to efficiently develop, improve, document, and implement procedures and work instructions.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and procedures.
• Able to travel to acquire referenced certifications and support off-site processes.
• Ability and experience utilizing equipment to perform inspection tasks.
• Computer proficiency in in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc..
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident
• 8-10 years’ experience OR vocational degree w/ 6-8 year Experience OR bachelor degree w/ 4-5 years as an inspector in high-reliability company with process improvement leadership responsibilities
Accreditation, Certificates, License
• Must be able to certify to NASA, IPC Standards which include the ability to perform solder operations and to meet the minimum Far, Near and Color vision requirements of the NASA STD 8739 manufacturing series. Vision requirements may be met with corrected vision.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a team atmosphere as a contributing member.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good manual dexterity.
• Ability to halt a process if required or needed.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
Qualified candidates should email resume and references for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Kelly Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Why Kelly ® ?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.