Mentor, A Siemens Business Technical Writer - 9241 in Longmont, Colorado
Technical Writer - 9241
Work Location US - CO, Longmont
Req ID 9241
Job Category Technical Writing
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Technical Writer - 9241
Job Location: USA - CO- Longmont
Job Category: Technical Writing
*Please submit a cover letter with resume*
Mentor, a Siemens Business is a leading global provider of software for the design of complex electronics, contributing to the creation of everything from cell phones to airplanes. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design. Founded in 1981, the company is headquartered in Wilsonville, OR (Portland)
Do you have an Electrical Engineering or Computer Science background? Do you have a talent for learning and explaining complex processes simply? If yes, consider a career as a Technical Writer.
Mentor, a Siemens business, a leader in the Electronics Design Automation (EDA) industry, is looking for a technical writer for its IC design, manufacture, test, and verification software products. Working closely with a talented design staff, you will be responsible for documenting new technologies as well as proven product lines.
Our open position is located in Fremont, California or Wilsonville, Oregon. Applicants must be willing and able to relocate.
Our ideal candidates will have the following:
- BS/MS in a technical degree (such as EE, CS, Physics, or Applied Math; new graduates will be considered)
- Demonstrable interest/experience in the IC design industry
- An understanding of schematic capture, layout, IC verification and manufacture, or Design for Test is a plus
- Polished ability to write concisely
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding investigative research instincts
- Multitasking and/or project management capabilities
- A portfolio of success stories and writing samples
Our writing team provides the following environment:
- A group with decades of combined experience (and a sense of humor)
- Training to gain knowledge in the field
- Involvement in every level of documentation production for multiple books
- Ability to innovate and improve documentation standards
If you are a writer with a highly technical background, an engineer looking for a career change, or a new college graduate with a technical degree and strong writing and interpersonal skills, please send your resume.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.