Danaher Corporation Manager, Test Engineering in Loveland, Colorado
Danaher Company Description
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most k nowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
Make a difference - join us to ensure water quality for people around the world.
This management position has responsibility to lead a team of Test Development Engineers, Technicians, and PC Layout personnel.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with functional managers, engineers, and program managers spanning electrical, mechanical, firmware, and chemistry disciplines to oversee the design, development, deployment, and support of test tools and systems for both new product development and production.
Additional responsibilities include overseeing Technicians and PC layout associates that support all R&D programs on the Loveland campus.
Associates reporting to this manager have the unique position of being able to work in the capacity of an Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, and Software Engineer, as well as key member of project teams. As such, the successful candidate will need working knowledge of many of these disciplines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and manages deliverables to project teams and production.
- Tracks metrics for team’s work to ensure efforts are on track.
- Implement plans to resolve issues through Associates.
- Observes and steps up to remove roadblocks and resolve potential issues.
- Evaluates Test Engineering, Technician, and PC Layout talent through performance reviews, development plans, merit recommendations and capacity planning and recruiting.
- Ensures compliance to test design processes and best practices.
- Prioritizes competing objectives for team clarity.
- Ensures teams are considering the use of leading edge technology and keeping pace with revolutionary and innovative trends in their fields.
- Facilitates cross functional reviews
- Reviews architectures and designs as needed to ensure adherence to good design practices.
- Influences others within the organization to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Identifies problems, updates or modifies working methods that may be complex in their work area without the benefit of defined procedures.
- Ensures work load is balanced for associates between project, sustaining, and functional commitments.
- Sets individual employee and team objectives in partnership with other R&D leaders.
- Thorough understanding of fundamentals involved in engineering principles.
- Technical depth and ability to provide technical alternatives to facilitate business trade off discussions.
- Solid working knowledge and understanding of administrative and engineering systems and tools used by work team and those who interface with work team.
- Skilled in estimating work efforts and coaching others on accurate estimating.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field including Physics, Applied Physics, or Robotics/Automation.
- Demonstrated success in management or technical leadership of multiple associate’s work.
- Demonstrated capability leading cross functional initiatives with associates outside their scope of authority and leading through others.
- Demonstrated success in coaching/mentoring employees.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office tools
- Exemplary teamwork/collaboration skills.
Working knowledge of at least 3 of the following:
o LabVIEW programming o Electrical Engineering o Mechanical Engineering o Firmware Engineering and/or Programming/Scripting o Measurement Metrology o Applied Physics (Fluid Dynamics, Thermodynamics, Emissions Spectrum).
Able to flex from being hands-on and detail-oriented to seeing the big picture and thinking strategically
- Able to work well in a cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Extremely bright, talented professional who can deliver results and develop the talent in their group
- Adept at interpersonal and communications skills
- a strong communicator, team player who is well versed in the details but capable of bridging technical requirements to senior management with a broad, business-oriented organization
- A quick study who can rapidly adapt to Danaher’s culture and gain the confidence of the Danaher Leadership Team
- High energy and able to handle conflict
- An independent worker, capable of operating in a fast-moving, ever changing environment and able to make tough, difficult business decisions
- Able to drive and manage change, be non-political, creative and possess a strong desire to win and passion to excel and integrate the R&D team into a lean, efficient, results-oriented organization.
- Committed to self-improvement, willing to accept feedback and commit to closing performance or leadership gaps that are identified.
- Working knowledge of LEAN Principles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to sit. The employee may occasionally squat, turn/twist, or reach. The employee is constantly using hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell.
The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment consists of an indoor, work or home office environment with good ventilation, adequate lighting, and low noise levels.
/The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change./
External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-CO-Loveland
Req ID: HAC005824