Ingersoll Rand Manufacturing Process Engineer in PUEBLO, Colorado
At IngersollRand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance thequality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficientenvironments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & AirConditioning and ARO® - work together toenhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport andprotect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity andefficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainableprogress and enduring results. For more information, visit http://www.ingersollrand.com/ .
Ingersoll Randis a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer,dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals withdisabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Asthe Manufacturing Process Engineer you will design and developmanufacturing processes and systems focused on exceeding quality, cost andschedule requirements within the manufacturing organization. Develop and defineconcepts and processes for, and integral to, new product and productenhancement programs, coordinating and integrating specialized processes into alean manufacturing environment.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and define concepts and manufacturing processes for, and as an integral part of, all new product introductions and product enhancement programs, using advanced engineering techniques such as DFM / DFA (Design for Manufacturability and Assembly), FMEA, 3P (Production, Preparation Process), 7-Ways, and Lean Six Sigma Methodology
- Evaluate and implement innovative, cost effective, safe, manufacturing processes and techniques which will improve the effectiveness of the manufacturing operations and business systems
- Develop manufacturing planning, initial tooling requirements and costs, capability requirements, control plans, and assessments, which facilitate the definition and specification of the manufacturing processes
- Provide technical expertise and leadership for the timely resolution of manufacturing process and product design problems. Serve as a resource for cause / effect analyses, investigations, statistical studies, and corrective action planning
- Develop and implement manufacturing flow lines, work station layouts and organization, and station controls, which optimize value added operations, operating costs, and product / process quality
- Support environmental efforts to promote ‘green’ facilities by assisting sites with various environmental process issues, such as waste water compliance, etc.
- Integrate closely with various functional team members collaborating while enhancing design for manufacturability and ease of integration to manufacturing facility.
Essential Skills and/or Knowledge:
- New product development understanding.
- Project management exposure.
- Knowledge of quality at the source and design for manufacturing/assembly techniques.
- Knowledge of life cycle cost analysis, dimensional capability analysis, and capacity analysis.
- Exposure to key manufacturing techniques including fabrication, precision assembly, and weld fabrication- - Knowledge of OSHA, environmental, electrical, and compliance standards.
- Good planning and organization/work management skills.
- Familiarity with 3D Modeling software and Productivity software programs
- Aptitude for mechanical/electrical application as related to equipment/processes.
- Problem assessment and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma and other analytical processes.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred) and at least 5 years of related experience.
We arecommitted to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals.We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies andcomprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed tobuilding an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values thedifferent backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spursinnovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you shareour passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in howpeople, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand.Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: PUEBLO-Colorado
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: May 23, 2019, 3:44:13 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.