Ingersoll Rand Supplier Quality Engineer in PUEBLO, Colorado
At Ingersoll Rand we arepassionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance thequality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficientenvironments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,ThermoKing®,Trane®,AmericanStandard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®-work together to enhance thequality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect foodand perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are aglobal business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduringresults. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is adiverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunityemployer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals withdisabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Supplier QualityEngineer will be focused on supplier assessments, capability, supplierreadiness, and the ongoing development of world class supplier manufacturing processes.
- Drive local supplier quality activities including, but not limited to, issuing Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCARs), root cause identification in plant and with external suppliers, assisting with supplier selection/evaluation/approval, business process development, and component delivered PPM project work.
- Lead PPAP process for new products and major changes to existing components/systems for commodities and/or product development programs as assigned.
- Identify and lead projects to drive the external failure rates and internal defect rates down by a minimum of 20% per year through VA/VE, error-proofing and Lean events.
- Drive improvement in the cost of purchased component quality.
- Drive quality improvement actions in plant operations
- Lead and or validate that all supplier control plans are truly closed loop.
- Lead in validating and stabilizing supplier’s processes through auditing, error-proofing, project management with strong follow-up.
- Must be able to take the initiative and act as agent for change.
- In depth knowledge of Quality Systems such as PFMEA, DFMEA, Control Plans, Process Flow, Gage R&R, Capability Studies, Supplier Auditing, and Product Change Control are required.
- Must be team-oriented with ability to bring people together, lead and direct in the development of specific goals and action plans in support of operating objectives.
- Must possess excellent PC and analytical skills including a strong mathematical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to travel independently (15%-20% travel expected)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field and/or a minimum of applicable experience.
- Preferred 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, design, quality or supply chain.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training and/or Black Belt training preferred.
- Previous Supplier Quality experience required.
We arecommitted to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with ourbusiness strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live yourhealthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverseculture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds andexperiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generatescreative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passionfor inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economiesand societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins withyou.
Primary Location: PUEBLO-Colorado
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Apr 29, 2019, 1:17:06 PM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.